Installation - Best Apps

Post by 25381-fiel » Fri, 21 Oct 1994 05:58:26

Is there an application or a software company that you think has a particularly
nice or smart installation process for their Unix software?  I am
conducting a survey of products that are especially easy to install or
especially intelligent about making sure their installation is successful
and friendly.

Please email.  I will email a summary to anyone who requests it.

--
Derek Fields

1. Best Linux apps in these categories...

Hey there. I'm trying to get a feel for Linux's usefulness across the
board, and I was wondering if folks could help me fill in this list. I've
got several categories of software here -- drop in and write in your
favorite or most highly-lauded piece of Linux software that fits the
category. Also let me know where the software can be found, if possible.

Please also cc me by mail -- I post to this group, but not often.

CATEGORIES

Word processing / rich-text editing (TeX or not, preferably TeX, under X)

Mail clients (under X)

NNTP readers (under X)

Web servers

Financial applications

Graphics editing and touch-up

Games

Also, how well does Linux do with scanners? I've been trying to find
material on this but so far nothing...

2. suit for Linux

3. Today's best apps for File & Folder Synchronization ?

4. Pthreads

5. Best office app ?

6. Harddisk problem?

7. Best apps for Linux-based music production

8. XExplorer

9. Best apps for Linux

10. whats best ppp setup app

11. What's the best open source architecture for thin client (web) apps?

12. whats best ppp setup app