Fixed TTY to IP address possible?

Post by Andrew Cor » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Currently using Computone EX and Intelliservers for terminals and PC
connections.  Intelliserver using reverse telnet and iserved for tty to port
assignment.

Clients software requires that each workstation be assigned the same tty
address for different databases and functions.  Their software assigns user
numbers, printer assignments and database profiles to the TTY address.

With my limited knowledge of SCO OSRV, is it possible to use the IP address
of the PCs to assign a fixed TTY address.

Telnet works just fine for the application but roams on TTY address
assignment according to when users logon.  Would like to eliminate the PCs
being connected through the Intelliserver or Intelliport EX via serial
connection leaving only the serial printers.  Intelliserver is via frame
relay and would like to bring another site online via internet.  This also
keep the wiring costs down as they migrate to NT/UNIX/Internet environment
on these workstation.

Thanks

Andrew Corn, MCSE, MCP +Internet
Emergency Business Solutions
Hewlett Packard Authoized, Cisco Resellers
Microsoft and Novell Certified Engineers
800-334-8018

1. Fixed TTY to IP Address Possible?

[...]

2. Spamcop

3. How can I convert a tty address to an IP address in older SCO UNIX

4. Help - Printer troubles

5. 2 IP addresses on 1 NIC - Are different net addresses possible??

6. Disk Mirroring

7. IP Masquerade and Fix IP address

8. Tcp Connection Pending Queue

9. Is is possible to make remote tty look like local tty

10. I wanted to extract the Source IP address and Destination IP address from packets passing through bridge, Is IP address offset is fixed?

11. Determining the IP address for a psuedo tty

12. get IP address ass'd with a tty?

13. How to link IP address to tty?