Need for help on remote printing via dial-up terminal access

Post by bodabas » Fri, 01 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Need for help on remote printing via dial-up terminal access

We need to implement a solution for enabling remote dial-up connections
to choose their local printer as the output device through menus.

For the actual terminal connection (mean via cable wyse or hp) we use

key sequence <esc>5i  to start printing
and
key sequence <esc>4i  to stop printing

if we want to send the output to the printer connected to the terminal.

is there a dial-up program that responses to these standard
terminal escape sequences (or others) just like an actual terminal,

Any terminal emulation we may use, just if it has this feature.

thanks for your help,..

Burak Odabasi
Sw. Eng.
Neptun Information Services Inc.
Istanbul Turkey

1. 2.3 -> 2.7 via Dial-up (Re: CVS over 'dropping' dial-ups)

You are better off borrowing/buying/stealing a CD and loading a fresh 2.7
install.
From what I've heard, there are issues with upgrading via CVS.  Plus, it's
_SLOW_.
Trust me. If you don't have the cash (US $30, I believe) you could probably
ask
somebody to copy their 2.7 CD for you (hint,hint).  Of course, buying the CD
makes
OBSD 2.8 and higher a possibility, which is a Good Thing.

Good luck.

2. Final: Keeping fs clean

3. Need help on UUCP via very bysu dial-up line!

4. Mount a cdimage file

5. X-terminal via dial-up or leased line

6. what command is used in Ksh to create and operate semaphore?

7. I want to mount the remote computer using NFS via an dial-up connection

8. Install help

9. Allowing samba to be accessed via dial-up from XP

10. Printing remote dial-up serial term emul

11. problems with remote printing under AIX 3.2 (and other remote access problems)

12. HELP: HTTP access through firewall via dial-in?

13. HELP : Looking for a remote access terminal