Timing analysis program?

Post by p.. » Sun, 08 May 1994 05:06:45

I'm looking for an alternative to the UNIX prof program.
 I have a large program, very slow, and I need a program for
SUN 4.1.3 that will help me analysis/profile it for bottlenecks. The source
code
is in C and runs under Openwindows.

Thanks

1. Response time analysis

I'm running Netscape Enterprise 3.5 on Solaris 2.6. I have been
collecting performance data with a couple of perl scripts i wrote (using
SSLeay, libwww modules)

Internally, i get 70% of the responses within 0-50 millisecond range.
But the remaining 30% consistently appears at the 4.5-5 second line
bringing the overall performance average upto 2.05 seconds. (the
analysis was made on 1200 data points)

When I make the measurements on a test machine with exactly the same
hardware, software and connections (but with no traffic on it) I do not
get the 5 second line. (100% of the responses are within 0-50 ms range)

I used different methods to measure it, and the results are the same.
Any ideas about why this is happening?

omur.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Turtle Beach Montego A3d

3. how to crash-time process sizes during core file analysis

4. Linux Hardware with Dell

5. Time Cost Analysis for AIX Administration

6. Mail question

7. Timing disk analysis

8. Linux for PXA210?

9. Data transfer for real time analysis

10. Code timing analysis

11. Timing analysis with the prof utility

12. Best time synch program for "official time"

13. Console Graphics and Timing Events and Real Time programming