C2 auditing on SunOS 4.1.x

Post by haim [howard] rom » Wed, 27 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I've sent this before, but I received only one response.  We have
SunOS 4.1.x running C2.  I have activated auditing.  The problem is,
when I run praudit on the audit files, the output is fairly hard to
read.  In fact, I don't know what most of the fields mean.

Is there a program that converts the output to a more understandle
format?  Or at least documentation on what each field means?

Haim (Howard) Roman     |  Computer Center

C2 auditing on SunOS 4.1.x

Post by Larry Kilgall » Wed, 27 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:> I've sent this before, but I received only one response.  We have
> SunOS 4.1.x running C2.  I have activated auditing.  The problem is,
> when I run praudit on the audit files, the output is fairly hard to
> read.  In fact, I don't know what most of the fields mean.

> Is there a program that converts the output to a more understandle
> format?  Or at least documentation on what each field means?

The Stalker product from Haystack Laboratories reduces audit trails and
chooses the truly significant for human consideration.  My respect for
the author (Steve Smaha) is much greater than my knowledge of Sun or
of that product, so you would have to consult them for details, pricing,
etc.  They exhibited at the CSI trade show in Washington DC last month,
so someone with a program from that even should be able to provide some
contact information.

(And I am not being disrespectful to those from outside the US -- there
were _lots_ of folks from Israel at that event.)

Larry Kilgallen
LJK Software

> Haim (Howard) Roman     |  Computer Center

1. Beta Testers - SunOS 4.1.x/C2

Looking for parties interested in being a beta test site for a product
that enhances system security by monitoring and managing the audit
trail generated on SunOS 4.1.x with the C2 security service installed.

If interested, e-mail for more info.

Chris Handy

2. Where is xntp?

3. C2 Auditing Setup on SunOS

4. how to connect my redhat to ISP?

5. C2 auditing under SunOS 4.1.4

6. Search for security programs

7. C2 Auditing Setup on SunOS

8. Can you install Redhat 6 without a floppy drive?

9. SunOS 4.1 / 4.1.1 / 4.1.1U_1 /usr/etc/rpc.yppasswdd doesn't work.

10. SunOS 4.1.x libraries on Solaris 2.x (sunos 5.x)

11. Using sunos 4.1.x libs on sunos 5.x

12. Detect between SunOS 4.1.x and SunOS 5.x

13. Porting from SunOS (4.1) to Solaris (SunOS 5.5.1)