How to discard log entries in httpd.conf

How to discard log entries in httpd.conf

Post by Gabriele Bartolin » Wed, 21 Feb 2001 02:29:00

Hi people,

    Does anybody know how to exclude log entries at Apache level? I
mean, I want to know if there's a way to exclude the log entry storage
in Apache directly, depending on some values of certain log fields.

    My practical case is this: I want to avoid all entries coming from
an exact IP address or from a specific user-agent.

Well, thanks a lot for answering and ... have fun!
-Gabriele

Post by Joshua Sliv » Wed, 21 Feb 2001 05:50:37

>     Does anybody know how to exclude log entries at Apache level? I
> mean, I want to know if there's a way to exclude the log entry storage
> in Apache directly, depending on some values of certain log fields.

See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#conditional-logging

--
Joshua Slive

http://slive.ca/

1. Test httpd.conf setup - using variables in httpd.conf

I'm often testing Apache httpd.conf setups using a parallel
DocumentRoots.  I'd like to be able to use variables in httpd.conf file,
such that:

   $dir = 'test_dir';

   DocumentRoot /usr/local/web/$dir
   <Directory /urs/local/web/$dir/some_dir>

And when ready to use on live data just change:

   $dir = 'live_data';

or some such thing.

Any tricks for doing this?

--

pls note the one line sig, not counting this one.

2. Solaris 2.6 and PPP

3. Can I define srm.conf, access.conf in httpd.conf ?

4. Q: Redirected Password on Unixware

5. apache httpd.conf VirtualHost: last entry overrides all others

6. redirect feature in Apache

8. /httpd/apache/ log files

9. Apache, httpd.conf, transferLog: Limiting certain files from being logged

10. Weird httpd log entries

11. httpd.conf --> access.log format ???

12. httpd.conf and web log files

13. redhat-config-httpd doesn't write to httpd.conf