strategies for fault-tolerance/redundancy?

strategies for fault-tolerance/redundancy?

Post by Miles R. Fidelm » Sun, 27 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I may have to put together a high-reliability e-commerce site.  Can
anybody point me to a good reference on fault-tolerance/redundancy
strategies?

Beyond a good tutorial, book, or link collection, there's one question
that particularly interests me:  If I run multiple machines that are
geographically separated - how can I get around the problem of a client's
DNS resolver caching the IP address of a machine that's gone down (short
of using an extremely short TTL)?

Thanks very much,

Miles Fidelman

strategies for fault-tolerance/redundancy?

Post by Dean Trig » Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Try www.eddieware.org or www.backhand.org

Quote:> I may have to put together a high-reliability e-commerce site.  Can