what do these lines of code do?

Post by Paul Josep » Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I am debugging some Apache API module and have run into these lines of
code.  No one here seems to know any longer what the code does, so I
thought I'd ask here!  It has something to do with SSI as best as I can
make out.

thanks much
Paul

/*
        /* Note that the XBITHACK in Apache allows text/html pages to be
parsed
             for SSI content if their execute bits are set - we have to
account
             for this
        if (!(r->finfo.st_mode & S_IXUSR))
                return DECLINED;

        state = (enum xbithack *) get_module_config(r->per_dir_config,
&includes
_module);

        if (*state == xbithack_off)
                return DECLINED;
*/

what do these lines of code do?

Post by Marc Slemk » Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,
>I am debugging some Apache API module and have run into these lines of
>code.  No one here seems to know any longer what the code does, so I
>thought I'd ask here!  It has something to do with SSI as best as I can
>make out.
>thanks much
>Paul
>/*
>        /* Note that the XBITHACK in Apache allows text/html pages to be
>parsed
>             for SSI content if their execute bits are set - we have to
>account
>             for this
>        if (!(r->finfo.st_mode & S_IXUSR))
>                return DECLINED;

It would be easier to comment if we had some idea of what this module
does, but it appears to be doing some hack to not process a request
if the page being served has the execute bit and could be processed
by mod_include.

As for why it does that?  Without knowing what the module does, that
is a bit hard to answer.

1. m$ "lost" the source code for W95, DOS, Q-DOS ?

Hehe.  Gates is claiming he can't find the source code that the judge
ordered him to turn over to Caldera.  "The dog ate my homework" !   How
quaint.

http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/news/0824/27acald.html

m$ says they can't find the source for W95, DOS, and "The Crown Jewels"
- Q-DOS, which Gates bought for peanuts.

Maybe Bill should look under his bed.  Maybe the judge will help him
find it.

--
m$-Hotmail: "Where do you want Sun Solaris to take you today ?"

Howard J. Smith        | Building a better world thru a micro$oft
                       | free environment with Java, Netscape and

2. Salckware V2.0 (xfig broken??)

4. myfile.txt to HP4 Printer

5. accessing dos partitions with wd7000fasst scsi, isc unix 2.2, dos[345]

6. Restricting Services On A NIC Basis

7. Uninstall Linux: Deleted "non dos partition" with DOS fdisk -- Now what?!?

8. BSA Accuses OpenOffice Mirrors

9. Samba w/ DOS box - what does DOS need?

10. Can I boot from DOS to use DOS Device Drivers?

11. Mini Linux coexists in DOS partition and boot from DOS

12. Q: Filenames turnicated DOS to LINUX to DOS?

13. DEFBOOTSTR=dos should this allow dos to boot by default?