Selective logging for apache

Post by Cliff Ad » Fri, 18 Oct 1996 04:00:00

We're using apache 1.1.1 as a web presence provider.  One of the services we
offer our clients is a site integrity report, where we hit their site and
test all the links and report on any dead ones.

However, this activity (among others) causes a small site to get a skewed
daily access report, since a large percentage of their hits can come from
the server itself.

Currently we process the log to cull internal hits before feeding it to the
report generator.  However, this is not always working and it's just more
CPU time wasted.

Rather than logging, then culling, we'd rather just apache not log hits from
a certain ip address.  Is there an easy way to do this?  Nothing in the conf
files seems to address it.  And we'd rather not try patching the source :)

Thanks for any ideas.

Cliff

1. Selective logging with Apache 1.0?

I'm in the process of replacing a CERN http server with Apache 1.0,
and there's one feature in CERN that I can't find an equivalent for in
Apache.  The CERN server has the NoLog directive that allows logging
to be turned off for specific hosts/IP address ranges.  The closest
Apache equivalent is the RefererIgnore directive which would be
what I want if it applied to the main log file.

The specific effect I want is to not have requests from localhost, or
any hosts on the local net appear in the logs/access_log file.

I'm using common_log_module, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for any help.
--

2. SYN and CWR ECE SYN

3. Apache and logging: Selective logging?

4. EPIC100 (new SMC9432) occasionally gets TX-timeout errors

5. Apache: selective logging (spider filling the logs)

6. My system time is too slow

7. Apache 1.3x Selective Logging?

8. memory configuration of workstation?

9. Selective logging??

10. Selective Access Logging

11. apache - making DNS lookups selective by virtual host

12. Selective Authentication with Apache?

13. Selective Alias using Apache 1.2 regexp?