apache and mod_rewrite

Post by Marko Langbei » Tue, 10 Sep 2002 23:59:58

Hi,

how can I test, if the apache rewrite modul do something ... the
following lines should do an redirect

Rewri*gine on
RewriteLog /var/log/httpd/rewrite.log
RewriteRule /.* http://www.veryComputer.com/[R]

but there is no redirect to the URL and the logfile is always empty ...

Can anybody help me ?

Thx in advance
Marko

--
Dipl.-Inf. Marko Langbein
Web Developer - GFP/Paybest

apache and mod_rewrite

Post by Rich Bowe » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 19:27:09

Quote:> Hi,

> how can I test, if the apache rewrite modul do something ... the
> following lines should do an redirect

> Rewri*gine on
> RewriteLog /var/log/httpd/rewrite.log
> RewriteRule /.* http://www.veryComputer.com/[R]

> but there is no redirect to the URL and the logfile is always empty ...

> Can anybody help me ?

For something this simple, you may wish instead to just use
RedirectMatch

RedirectMatch (.*) http://www.veryComputer.com/

Or perhaps you want

RedirectMatch (.*) http://www.veryComputer.com/$1

--

http://www.veryComputer.com/

apache and mod_rewrite

Post by Marko Langbei » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 18:20:12

Quote:> For something this simple, you may wish instead to just use
> RedirectMatch

> RedirectMatch (.*) http://www.debian.org/

> Or perhaps you want

> RedirectMatch (.*) http://www.debian.org$1

Yeah,
i know, but Problem was, that the simply rewrite do not work ... but know
after sometimes work and configure, the rewrite modul works perfect ;)

Thanks
Marko