Apache 1.3b6 Proxy: Remote Proxy Authorization

Apache 1.3b6 Proxy: Remote Proxy Authorization

Post by Reinhard E. Voglmaie » Fri, 01 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I was using Apache 1.2.6 as Proxy pointing to our Proxy at the firewall.
This to avoid configuration problems on about 1000 PCs if the Proxy
Adress changes.
Our "firewall-proxy" does authentication using User-Id and Password ti
give Internet Access to our authorized users. So if the users contacts
www.oracle.com he contacts the local proxy, the local proxy forwards
everything to the firewall-proxy and this asks the authorization and
everything goes back and forth again.
With Apache 1.3b6 this does not work any more. Apache ( the local proxy
) does contact the firewall-proxy, this asks user-id/password, but get's
the response Authorization Failed.
Someone knows what's going on ?

Thanx a lot

Reinhard

1. Apache 1.3b6 proxy configuration

Hi,

I've got Apache 1.3b6 running on a Solaris 2.5.1 system, set up as a
proxy
server (only - the server does NOT contain any local documents).

What I need to do is single-proxy some requests, and double-proxy the
rest (i.e. send them off to an external proxy server).

I have this working fine with the ProxyRemote directive combined with
a NoProxy directive (which lists the systems I want single-proxied
only).

However, the list I have in the NoProxy directive is quite long. It
would
be VERY short if I could set it up so that I can NoProxy a domain, and
then REALLY Proxy a single site within that domain... i.e.:

ProxyRemote * http://foo.bar.com:8080
NoProxy .bar.com .blat.com
REALLYProxy c.blat.com

Instead, I have to do something like this:

ProxyRemote * http://foo.bar.com:8080
NoProxy .bar.com a.blat.com b.blat.com d.blat.com e.blat.com f.blat.com
... etc

(note no 'c.blat.com' because I HAVE to pass that one on to the next
proxy server).

I have about 30 hosts listed in the NoProxy directive, where I could get
by with
a single domain (.blat.com) if only I could ALSO direct the server to
REALLY
double-proxy 'c.blat.com'.

Listing IP addresses in the NoProxy directive doesn't really help, as
the systems
are on many different networks.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ross
--
Ross Parker            |      UNIX Sys Admin, PERL and C toolsmithing,
Systems/Network Admin  |     Networking and security, CGI applications.
                       | I used to be really "with it"...

is!

2. alternate screens and xterm

3. Reverse proxy? and Apache 1.3b6

4. olvwm(xview) programs acting abnormally

5. Apache with access control vs proxy (Not apache AS proxy)

6. Please read and help if you are familiar with SCSI errors and redhat ...

7. Proxy Remote behind MS Proxy 2.0

8. Need help with ufsrestore

9. ftp client proxy ms proxy firewall http proxy unix

10. Problems trying to restrict access or require authorization for Apache PassProxy proxy server usage

11. Apache proxy & NT authorization

12. Apache proxy to Netscape proxy

13. Apache proxy to another proxy?