Apache RLimitNPROC in virtual hosts does not work

Apache RLimitNPROC in virtual hosts does not work

Post by Tim Trave » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

 Hi All,

I have an apache server with quite a few name based virtual host
entries. The virtual hosts are able to execute cgi scripts, and I wish
to use the RLimitNPROC to limit the number they can have running at a
single time.

The script runs setuid root (I know about the security implications, but
it is a wrapper, and needs to run as root). It starts and then changes
itself to the appropriate userID and continues to completion.

The server is not running as root, or the userID.

The virtual host configuration I have looks like this :

<VirtualHost 209.132.1.202>
ServerName domain.com
DocumentRoot /Interfaces/path/Server/Documents
<Directory /Interfaces/path/Server/Documents>
        AllowOverride All
</Directory>
RLimitNPROC 4 8
</VirtualHost>

The normal web server works as it should, but it just doesn't appear
that the rlimit is preventing too many scripts from that user to run.

Do I need to compile anything special into apache ?

I am running 1.3.6, and any help would be appreciated.

Tim.

--
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Tim Traver

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Apache 1.3b2: Default Host and all virtual hosts serve only first virtual hosts pages?

Hello.

Have been running 1.2b8 for a intranet and decided to move upto 1.3b2. I
have several name based virtual hosts that have been working under
1.2b8. After compiling and installing 1.3b2 my virtual hosts do not
work. In fact what happens is that even though DocumentRoot and default
server name is different, eg: www.serverA.net pointing to /www/default,
Apache 1.3b2 will always take me to the first defined virtual host as if
it's locked to it no matter what virtual host I try to browse. What
gives? Please post and E-Mail.

In /etc/hosts for my machines IP address I have

A.B.C.D         www.default.net www.virtA.net www.virtB.net

In ../conf/httpd.conf I have;

<VirtualHost www.virtA.net>

DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/virtA
ServerName www.virtA.net
ErrorLog logs/virtA.error.log
TransferLog logs/virtA.access.log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost www.virtB.net>

DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/virtB
ServerName www.virtB.net
ErrorLog logs/virtB.error.log
TransferLog logs/virtB.access.log
</VirtualHost>

--

2. ? about linker output

3. APACHE Virtual Hosting: Done by the book, but still won't work!

4. ftp directory

5. .htaccess Apache Virtual Host not working

6. Can't get SB 16 SCSI CDROM to work, not a block device :(

7. Apache Virtual host not working unless

8. How do I set a screensaver in WindowMaker?

9. apache authentication not working with virtual host

10. Apache Virtual Hosts not working

11. Mixing Apache Name Based Virtual Hosts and SSL Virtual Host

12. .htaccess Apache Virtual host Won't Work