Apache/JServ/Redhat install problem

Post by amacka.. » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I am trying to install Jserv 1.0 on Apache 1.3.6, Redhat v6 2.2.5
as DSO.

During ./configure, I got error:

creating src/java/org/apache/jserv/JServDefs.java
creating src/scripts/package/tar.gz/snap.sh
./configure: /usr/src/modules/jserv: No such file or directory

Configuration complete.

Apache Directory: /usr

Apache Version: 1.3

I created directory '/usr/src/modules/jserv' and it ran ok but
now i get this error when trying to start httpd:

Syntax error on line 99 of
/usr/local/src/ApacheJServ-1.0/example/jserv.conf:

Invalid command 'SetHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or
defined by a module not included in the server configuration

My jserv.conf has:

SetHandler jserv-status

How can I check what modules are in my configuration?  Did my
original ./configure not work right??

Many Many thanks!!!
Andrew Mackay
amackay11 at yahoo dot com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Apache/JServ/Redhat install problem

Post by amacka.. » Wed, 14 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Jserv install problem...

Just to update, I have tried DSO, static compilation AND manually
copying files etc to apache src/modules/jserv as outlined in INSTALL
file.  I have tried with Apache as RPM install and full Apache source
and compile.

I completely gutted Apache and Jserv from my machine and did it
all from scratch, just like the instructions said.  No luck.

I ALWAYS get the same 'SetHandler' error.
Please HELP!!!!

Andrew

Quote:> Hi,

> I am trying to install Jserv 1.0 on Apache 1.3.6, Redhat v6 2.2.5
> as DSO.

> During ./configure, I got error:

> creating src/java/org/apache/jserv/JServDefs.java
> creating src/scripts/package/tar.gz/snap.sh
> ./configure: /usr/src/modules/jserv: No such file or directory

> Configuration complete.

> Apache Directory: /usr

> Apache Version: 1.3

> I created directory '/usr/src/modules/jserv' and it ran ok but
> now i get this error when trying to start httpd:

> Syntax error on line 99 of
> /usr/local/src/ApacheJServ-1.0/example/jserv.conf:

> Invalid command 'SetHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or
> defined by a module not included in the server configuration

> My jserv.conf has:

> SetHandler jserv-status

> How can I check what modules are in my configuration?  Did my
> original ./configure not work right??

> Many Many thanks!!!
> Andrew Mackay
> amackay11 at yahoo dot com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Apache/JServ/Redhat install problem

Post by amacka.. » Thu, 15 Jul 1999 04:00:00

FIXED!!
It doesn't say this in the documentation, but when "Include"ing
the 'jserv.conf' entry in the httpd.conf, make sure it occurs
AFTER the 'LoadModule mod_mime'.  This is because mod_mime
loads the 'SetHandler' directive.

I added the Include entry at the end of httpd.conf and error
no longer occurs.

> Jserv install problem...

> Just to update, I have tried DSO, static compilation AND manually
> copying files etc to apache src/modules/jserv as outlined in INSTALL
> file.  I have tried with Apache as RPM install and full Apache source
> and compile.

> I completely gutted Apache and Jserv from my machine and did it
> all from scratch, just like the instructions said.  No luck.

> I ALWAYS get the same 'SetHandler' error.
> Please HELP!!!!

> Andrew

> > Hi,

> > I am trying to install Jserv 1.0 on Apache 1.3.6, Redhat v6 2.2.5
> > as DSO.

> > During ./configure, I got error:

> > creating src/java/org/apache/jserv/JServDefs.java
> > creating src/scripts/package/tar.gz/snap.sh
> > ./configure: /usr/src/modules/jserv: No such file or directory

> > Configuration complete.

> > Apache Directory: /usr

> > Apache Version: 1.3

> > I created directory '/usr/src/modules/jserv' and it ran ok but
> > now i get this error when trying to start httpd:

> > Syntax error on line 99 of
> > /usr/local/src/ApacheJServ-1.0/example/jserv.conf:

> > Invalid command 'SetHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or
> > defined by a module not included in the server configuration

> > My jserv.conf has:

> > SetHandler jserv-status

> > How can I check what modules are in my configuration?  Did my
> > original ./configure not work right??

> > Many Many thanks!!!
> > Andrew Mackay
> > amackay11 at yahoo dot com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Problem on using JRun/JServ with Apache 1.3.1 on Redhat 5.1

Dear all,

    I have problems on starting Apache after I have recompile the apache
with either JRun or JServ modules.
    In the compiling process, there's warning for both modules.
In file included from mod_jrun.c:107:
../../include/compat.h:6: warning: #warning "This header is obsolete,
use ap_compat.h instead"
mod_jrun.c: In function `jrun_init':
mod_jrun.c:267: warning: passing arg 2 of `ap_spawn_child' from
incompatible pointer type
mod_jrun.c: In function `getJRunConnection':
mod_jrun.c:342: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
mod_jrun.c: In function `handleRequest':
mod_jrun.c:485: warning: initialization discards `const' from pointer
target type
mod_jrun.c:510: warning: initialization discards `const' from pointer
target type
mod_jrun.c: In function `StartJRun':
mod_jrun.c:754: warning: passing arg 2 of `ap_spawn_child' from
incompatible pointer type
    after I make install, and changed the srm.conf, the apache cannot
start ans simply saying that

    $ apachectl start
    $ (23232) no such pid
    $ apache cannot start......

    So did anyone use apache with JRun or JServ on RD5.1 successfuilly??

    I use JRun 2..1 / JServ 0.9.0 Apache 1.3.1

    THanks!
    BTW, can you tell me line by line what should I do in order to
config JRun/JServ with Apache?
    I mean before compiling, what actions should I take, what files
should I change
    and what should I do then??

    Thanks!!!!!!!!

Best Rgds,
Jacky Hui

2. Long wait to login - telnet and FTP

3. JServ setup problem with Redhat 6.1 and Apache (came with it)

4. sshd port forwarding weirdness

5. Apache Jserv install problem - syntax error for ApJServManual.

6. Sound card problem

7. Apache JServ install problem

8. 3c509 --- How to configure two cards ?

9. Problems adding Apache JServ module to Apache Web Server as a Dynamic Shared Object

10. Redhat 5.2 Apache 1.3 Jserv

11. redhat newbie: apache jserv installation

12. compiling Apache with JServ on Redhat Linux

13. apache, php3, jserv install question