Virtual Hosts Woes

Post by Kirby William » Sat, 25 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I'm having trouble with Virtual hosting using apache 1.1.1.  I've had
no trouble for the last year with apache 1.0.5, but can't make things
work with 1.1.1. (BSD Unix 4.3)  I've got the following in /etc/rc:

        /usr/local/etc/ifconfig ie0 alias 206.232.126.50

and the following in /usr/local/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:

        <VirtualHost 206.232.126.50>
        ServerName www.1realtynet.com

        DocumentRoot /usr/local/etc/httpd/1realtynet/htdocs
        TransferLog logs/rn.access_log
        ErrorLog logs/rn.error_log
        </VirtualHost>

I've got BindAddress set to:

        BindAddress *

I compiled Apache 1.1.1 with the:

        -DAPB_VIRTUAL_HOST flag set

Nothing works.  I'm stumped.

As I said, I'm not new to virtual hosting-- but I'm trying to set up
1.1.1 and cannot.  Can anyone think of some other configurations that
I might have missed, or that might conflict-- or perhaps some
debugging tips on how to find out if the machine is actually listening
for the additional IP address.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kirby Williams

1. Virtual Host woes

Hi,

I am trying to set up a machine with virtual hosts on my
intranet but am not getting it to recognize both.  Here's
what my httpd.conf  looks like:

Port 80
ServerName eclipse
NameVirtualHost 172.30.50.22

<VirtualHost 172.30.50.22>
ServerName eclipse
ServerAlias eclipse

DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/share/htdocs
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/local/apache/share/cgi-bin/
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 172.30.50.22>
ServerName dsendtest
ServerAlias dsendtest

DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/share/htdocs/dinotes
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/
/usr/local/apache/share/htdocs/dinotes/cgi-bin/
</VirtualHost>

With this setup I'm getting a "URL not found" error and the
error log says that it's looling for /usr/local/apache/httpd
which is not where I've specified above.  I have removed the
DocumentRoot statement elsware in my config files as well as
ServerRoot.  If I replace the VirtualHost with a system name
(instead of its IP), I get only the latter directory for
both URL's.  Both names are legit name in my DNS.  Not sure
what else to try.

Please help!
Michael Clay

2. Slow keyboard repeat frequency (Compaq Deskpro 6000)

3. Apache 1.3b2: Default Host and all virtual hosts serve only first virtual hosts pages?

4. Running a Web Server on an ISDN line at T1+ speed?

5. FrontPage virtual hosting, removal or reset of virtual host

6. 2.5.41ac2 does power-off, 2.5.42/2.5.42ac1/2.5.43 don't.

7. : How to prevent one named virtual host from "seeing" another virtual hosts files ?

8. mail

9. Mixing Apache Name Based Virtual Hosts and SSL Virtual Host

10. For Discussion: web virtual hosting vs mail virtual hosting

11. CD-RW mounting woes in Mandrake 7.0 woe oh woe oh woe!

12. Virtual hosts/virtual IP

13. Name Based Virtual Hosting - Unable to access Virtual domain from IE/Lynx