Need information about developing a webserver

Need information about developing a webserver

Post by Vineet dixi » Thu, 18 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I am a student of computer science and I am interested in learning the
way web servers work
,the functionalities they provide etc etc. I am planning to implement
one _primitive_ webserver
with minimum funcationalities.  Can you please suggest me any books or
internet resources which
are helpful for a beginner ?

Thanking you,
regards,

-Vineet

Need information about developing a webserver

Post by Joshua Chama » Thu, 18 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Try the source code for apache, and the lwp (libwww) libraries for perl,
for server side / client side respectively.  -- Joshua