proxy https & http request using apache

Post by B » Wed, 03 Apr 2002 11:33:43

I have a need to configure apache on solaris 8 to proxy http & https
request to the web servers in DMZ. I am unable to configure the proxu
server to proxy https request.
Following are the proxy configuration in httpd.conf.
NameVirtualHost xx.xx.xx.xx
Listen 80
Listen 443

<VirtualHost xx.xxx.xx.xx>
        ProxyPass / http://yy.yy.yy.yy:443
        ProxyPassReverse / http://yy.yy.yy.yy:443
</VirtualHost>

I get following error messages(apache server log) while accessing the
proxy server via https.Proxying http works fine.
[error] [client XX.XX.XX.XX] Invalid method in request €C
[error] [client XX.XX.XX.XX] Invalid method in request €L

Any help or guidance on the above issue is greatly appreciated.

proxy https & http request using apache

Post by Nemesis Service » Wed, 03 Apr 2002 15:56:55

you need to have mod_ssl installed into apache and then a ssl virtualhost
with a ProxyPass syntax in that virtual host

Quote:> I have a need to configure apache on solaris 8 to proxy http & https

Post by Aryeh Kat » Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:12:17

> you need to have mod_ssl installed into apache and then a ssl virtualhost
> with a ProxyPass syntax in that virtual host

not to mention that your ProxyPass should say
https://
      ^
Aryeh

> > I have a need to configure apache on solaris 8 to proxy http & https
> > request to the web servers in DMZ. I am unable to configure the proxu
> > server to proxy https request.
> > Following are the proxy configuration in httpd.conf.
> > NameVirtualHost xx.xx.xx.xx
> > Listen 80
> > Listen 443

> > <VirtualHost xx.xxx.xx.xx>
> >         ProxyPass / http://yy.yy.yy.yy:443
> >         ProxyPassReverse / http://yy.yy.yy.yy:443
> > </VirtualHost>

> > I get following error messages(apache server log) while accessing the
> > proxy server via https.Proxying http works fine.
> > [error] [client XX.XX.XX.XX] Invalid method in request &#8364;C
> > [error] [client XX.XX.XX.XX] Invalid method in request &#8364;L

> > Any help or guidance on the above issue is greatly appreciated.

1. Apache Proxy server that will transform an HTTP request in a HTTPS request

Hello,

I'm looking for a software solution that can receive an HTTP request
and forwarding or proxying it in HTTPS.

For example : An application that makes https request but that can't
make https, will go through an Apache proxy that will encrypt the HTTP
request for the application and forward the request to the secure site
that will reply the same way.

 _____________              __________              ________
|             |            |          |            |        |
| Application | - HTTP --> | Apache   | - HTTPS -->| Secure |
|             |            | Proxy (?)|            | Site   |
|_____________|            |__________|            |________|

IT's a bit like a SSL accelerator but working on the opposite way.

Is it possible with Apache ? How is it possible ? mod_ssl + mod_proxy
?

Thank you for your help.

Gilles.

2. Linux print -> HP network-based printer(TCP/IP) ?

3. apache http proxy - http/1.0 vs http/1.1

4. Gateway/Firewall system configuration question

5. Apache Proxy question: HTTP/1.1 -> HTTP/1.0

6. FTP Install Question

7. Re-directing http to https using apache and other things

8. Object Request Brokers

9. How to add a http header using .htaccess for apache http server under windows environment

10. Can't process http/1.0 requests or proxy requests

11. How to redirect all http requests to https

12. Apache 1.2.5 Problem using Proxy and URLs of the form http://host/dir

13. https to https proxy search