Can I use a type-maps with JSP:s in Apache 1.3.27?

Can I use a type-maps with JSP:s in Apache 1.3.27?

Post by Dennis Lundber » Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:56:22

Hello

In a given directory (say ${DOCUMENTROOT}/test/) I want the user to
"get" a JSP-page if the browsers prefered language is Swedish and an
ordinare html-page if the prefered language is English. Does anyone know
if this is possible?

I have the following files:
* index.html.var
* index.sv.jsp
* index.html.en

The var-file looks like this:
----------
URI: index.html.en

URI: index.sv.jsp
----------

Tomcat 4.0.5 is installed and working. It correctly handles other JSP:s.

--
Dennis Lundberg

1. Apache 1.3.27 internal server error by unknown mime type

Apache 1.3.27 (also confirmed in 1.3.22, but it is obsolete in these
days)
Tru64Unix 5.1a

pointing browser to the URL which leads to the file with no extension
(suffix) in the name or with the extension not listed in mime.types
file results in the "internal server error" message. Renaming the same
file to the one with known extension works fine. The value of
"DefaultType" has no effect on this.
No relevant entry in error_log, only the line with code 500 in
access_log.

STRANGE: this problem concerns only some binary files, not all -
gzipping the file has no effect, but inserting a few bytes at the
beginning of the file leads to proper handling of ot (but the contents
is then dmaged, of course).

Is this a known bug or configuration issue ?

Example:

not working:
http://lib.natur.cuni.cz/~komanek/webland/html/Blansko
http://lib.natur.cuni.cz/~komanek/webland/html/Blansko.x
working well:
http://lib.natur.cuni.cz/~komanek/webland/html/Blansko.tgz

Thanks for any possible comments,

David Komanek

2. Unix Admin Resources (JOBS, RESUMES, LINKS)!

3. using .htaccess files in apache 1.3.27 virtual dirs

4. ls120 and linux 2.2.x?

5. Apache 1.3.27 Binary files

6. ypclient and resolver problems with Solaris x86

7. apache 1.3.27 make errors

8. HOW? do I copy passwd file?

9. mod_dir to use hostname instead of ServerName (Apache 1.3.27)

10. Apache 1.3.27 + PHP + ISO-10646-UCS-4

11. Apache 1.3.27 & mod_rewrite problem.

12. apache 1.3.27

13. Apache 1.3.27, mod_ssl, mod_auth_ldap