C Compiler Error

Post by Ende » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 11:15:44

When I run ./configure there is an error message; C Compiler cannot
create executables. If anyone has any solutions please reply

C Compiler Error

Post by Jon Be » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 14:58:42

>When I run ./configure there is an error message; C Compiler cannot
>create executables. If anyone has any solutions please reply

It might help if you tell us which flavor of *nix you're using:  Linux
(which distribution?), Solaris, Mac OS X, or what?

--

Dept. of Physics and Computer Science        Clinton, South Carolina USA

C Compiler Error

Post by Ende » Sun, 06 Apr 2003 07:56:44

Quote:

> It might help if you tell us which flavor of *nix you're using:  Linux
> (which distribution?), Solaris, Mac OS X, or what?

I'm using red hat 8.

C Compiler Error

Post by Patri » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 01:42:30

> When I run ./configure there is an error message; C Compiler cannot
> create executables. If anyone has any solutions please reply

I have seen this with building pcre-4.1  because the linker commands
where not correct for my ld/cc. So on AIX 4.3.3.10 I set the env with:
export CFLAGS=' -g -qHALT=E -qinfo=pro'
export CPPFLAGS=' -U__STR__ -D_USE_IRS -D_THREAD_SAFE'
export LDFLAGS=' -Wl,-brtl -L/usr/local/expat/lib'
export LTCFLAGS='-prefer-non-pic -static'
export LTFLAGS='--silent'
export SHLTCFLAGS='-prefer-pic'

1. Error when rebuilding kernel [Internal compiler error: program as got fatal signal 6] - Help

Greetings,

I am trying to recompile 2.1 kernal to take advantage of an ATAPI IDE
CD-ROM.  I copied my GENERIC configuration file to a new one called HAMMER.

The only change made to the config file was to take out the # on:

options   ATAPI
device    wcd0

'wcd0c' and 'rwcd0c' are present in the /dev directory from my original
installation. Ran config on HAMMER. Changed to the HAMMER directory and ran
make.

My compile stopped with the following error:
--------
June 22 00:27:56 hammer /kernel: pid 481: as: uid 0: exited on signal 6
cc: Interal compiler error: program as got fatal signal 6
*** Error code 1

Stop.
----------

I would appreciate some help deciphering this deep magic.  I am a very new
FreeBSD user so please do not take any knowledge for granted  :).  I am
using the directions in Greg Lehey's 'Installing and Running FreeBSD' to
rebuild the kernel.

Anil

CyberForge Group LLC (sm)              * Internet Consulting

410-597-8139                           * LAN & WAN Integration
                http://www.cyberforge.com

2. Tar output

3. compiling error with ssh: configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.

4. making proc name

5. SAMBA : Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6 [smbpass.o] Error 1

6. FTP & ls -l

7. please help Fatal server error! XKEYBOARD compiler error!

8. 2.5.61-mjb1 (scalability / NUMA patchset)

9. GCC2.7.0 error: internal compiler error, got fatalsignal 11.

10. Compiler Error: cc: Error: sockopt.c, line 319 -On Tru64 UNIX V 4.0g

11. hp-ux C compiler flags vs hp-aix C compiler flags

12. Are sun studio C/C++ compilers and Forte C/C++ compilers same ??

13. Compiler compilers