Can NCSA HTTP server be set up as Proxy Server and Web server?

Can NCSA HTTP server be set up as Proxy Server and Web server?

Post by Bensen Chio » Sun, 17 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

Can NCSA HTTP server be set up as a Proxy Server for HTTP, FTP ..?
If the answer is YES, can it be used as Web server and Proxy server?
How?

Thanks in advance,

Can NCSA HTTP server be set up as Proxy Server and Web server?

Post by Robert Klei » Tue, 19 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi,

> Can NCSA HTTP server be set up as a Proxy Server for HTTP, FTP ..?
> If the answer is YES, can it be used as Web server and Proxy server?
> How?

I don't think so, I use CERN as a proxy server.  I wouldn't recomend NCSA
at all.  It has a * habit of killing processes spawned by cgi
scripts.  I just UPGRADED it to Apache and I must say I like it  100% better.
Apache doesn't work as a proxy either though. I don't like you want a web
server to do both anyway.

Rob