Apache 1.3 + FrontPage Server Extension

Post by Scot W. Hetze » Fri, 26 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I have successfully got Apache 1.3 and FrontPage Extension working on
>my linux 5.1 server.  I was able to access the <root> web with the
>FrontPage Explore.  However, there is one problem that I have I can
>not figure out.  The problem is that the <root> web does not ask for
>authentication or login name and password like the NT server
>extensions does.  Can anyone tell me what I did wrong.  Or how I can
>setup up each <root> web to ask for login and password before allowing
>the user access the <root> web.

Check the access.conf file, the Directory directive should have
AllowOverride set to All, instead of NONE.

You'll also need to add a Directory directive for user home directories.

<Directory /usr/home>
#Required to allow FP Exts to run in user home directories.
Options ExecCGI
AllowOverride All
</Directory>

If your the home directory is a symbolic link to /usr/home then change and
add:

<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
</Directory>

<Directory /home>
#Required to allow FP Exts to run in user home directories.
Options ExecCGI
AllowOverride All
</Directory>

Scot W. Hetzel

Post by Roger Hua » Sat, 27 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I have successfully got Apache 1.3 and FrontPage Extension working on
my linux 5.1 server.  I was able to access the <root> web with the
FrontPage Explore.  However, there is one problem that I have I can
not figure out.  The problem is that the <root> web does not ask for
authentication or login name and password like the NT server
extensions does.  Can anyone tell me what I did wrong.  Or how I can
setup up each <root> web to ask for login and password before allowing
the user access the <root> web.

I download the Apache-FP module at
http://www.westbend.net/~hetzels/apache-fp/

I also did not compile the modules as share, I compile it directly
into the apache server.

Thank you for your help.

1. Security issues Frontpage 4.0 Extensions on Apache 1.3?

Hi,

I'm considering installing FrontPage Extensions 4.0 on our web server (
ISP/w Apache 1.3 on Solaris 2.6 ). I've heard of some security issues with
FrontPage Extensions in the past. Does anyone know if this is still an
issue? I would like to know anyone's opinion on this matter please. We have
Solaris 2.6/w Apache 1.3 and I downloaded "fp_install.sh",
"change_server.sh" patch and "fp40.solaris.tar". I have the installation
instructions per
http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/frontpage/wpp/serk/inunix.htm . I'm pretty
new to Linux... am I on the right track here? Any installation tips? Thanks
a lot guys (and gals)...

-Will

2. Stop others from using your computer!!! 8632

3. Apache 1.3 and frontpage extensions

4. Recommend a beginner a book on Linux

5. Apache 1.3.* with FrontPage extensions and php3?

6. Has anyone integrated the e1000 driver into the 2.4.x kernel

7. apache www server with frontpage server extensions

8. Please help : Linux / Subnotebook.

9. manual compile of frontpage extensions on apache server

10. Apache 1.3.9 + frontpage version 4 server extensions

11. Frontpage extensions on Apache Server/AIX

12. OpenBSD 2.7, Apache and FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions???

13. Apache 1.3.9 and FrontPage Server Extension