How to do that with Apache

Post by Maziar Dana » Fri, 27 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

How can I redirect:

   http://host.domain/  to   http://host.domain/cgi-bin/xx.cgi

automaticlly under Apache config. I mean when user types
`http://host.domain/' he loads  `cgi-bin/xx.cgi'

Thank's

How to do that with Apache

Post by Pawel Krawczy » Fri, 27 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> How can I redirect:
>    http://host.domain/     to   http://host.domain/cgi-bin/xx.cgi
> automaticlly under Apache config. I mean when user types
> `http://host.domain/' he loads  `cgi-bin/xx.cgi'

in the main directory create file .htaccess with one of the following options:

RedirectPermanent / /cgi-bin/xx.cgi

or

DirectoryIndex xx.cgi

in this case you have to put the script xx.cgi in the main directory.

--
Pawel Krawczyk, CETI internet, Krakow. http://www.ceti.com.pl/

1. Doing imagemaps with Apache .8 (mod_imap.c; not CGI)

I've set up my srm.conf file to allow type of application/x-httpd-imap but when a user
clicks on the .gif which refernences the .map file, the server sends a message to Netscape
telling it that the user is going to download the file, rather than serving up the result
of the imap request.

Can you please email me with help?

Thanx
Ken

/*********************************************************************

 Impulse Internet Services = internet service provider, Santa Barbara
 Impulse Engineering = digital design, embedded systems, programming.
*********************************************************************/

2. Linux install on 2nd hard drive.

3. What does the SOCKS4 setting doing in the Apache config file.

4. *hrm* init problem?

5. Doing something with Apache mod_cookie's log

6. Linux Software Archive + more

8. can't find the vertical bar

9. Any Body doing Apache + Netware + mod_proxy

10. Apache only doing one include or exec

11. Apache under win95 and DOS box...

12. APACHE Server doing wierd <PRE> stuff

13. Does the current DoS in Version 2.x apache server