I have been searching all over for an answer to this issue.
I am in the process of migrating our intranet site from Windows
NT(IIS) to a Linux (Apache) server. When the site was created on
NT(IIS) using the built in NT Authentication. My supervisors told me
that I could not change that part. So I started digging into Apaches
modules and found mod_perl module call Apache::AuthenNTLM. This works
great. Just like the Authentication mechanism that is builtin to IIS.
I got the entire site(Perl Scripts) working running it through Opera.
Then I went to test on a Windows box with IE (which is what all the
end users are currently using) and the scripts started to have issues.
The issue I am having is the first "post" of a script will work but
any subsequent posts will fail. Unless I wait for the KeepAlive
timeout to expire. When I lower that number the authentication popup
window starts showing up repeadedly until the account gets locked.
I have been playing with a test script that looks like this:
my $q = new CGI;
<meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache">
<meta http-equiv="Cache-Control" content="no-cache">
<meta http-equiv="Expires" content="0">
<form method=post action=test_post.pl>
<input type=text name=foo><br>
<input type=submit value=Submit>
# print "$_ $q->param('$_')";
Attempting to find a way around this.
My Authentication part of my httpd.conf file looks like:
AuthName "Warning you are entering a development server!! (and
PerlAddVar ntdomain "MYDOMAIN MyPDC "
PerlSetVar defaultdomain MYDOMAIN
#PerlSetVar ntlmdebug 1
I have been reading through many news groups looking for a solution
and it looks similar to an issue that was happening with mod_ssl. But
the solution was a mod_ssl solution.
Thanks for any information you can give me.