Proxy servers and Netscape 2.0 autoconfig. How?

Proxy servers and Netscape 2.0 autoconfig. How?

Post by Graeme Merra » Mon, 19 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hi.
 Does anyone know how to setup a page for Netscape 2.0 to point
automatically at the proxy cache. I checked out the docs at Netscape but
they're wonderfully vague. Almost as vague as the CERN manual but then
they are written by the same person... :)
Anyway, all I know is that it's in Javascirpt. Anyone done it?

Cheers,
 Graeme

--
Graeme Merrall
System Administrator/Web Spinner

Proxy servers and Netscape 2.0 autoconfig. How?

Post by ton » Mon, 19 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Graeme> Hi.  Does anyone know how to setup a page for
Graeme> Netscape 2.0 to point automatically at the proxy
Graeme> cache. I checked out the docs at Netscape but
Graeme> they're wonderfully vague. Almost as vague as the
Graeme> CERN manual but then they are written by the same
Graeme> person... :) Anyway, all I know is that it's in
Graeme> Javascirpt. Anyone done it?

Yes.  Read the release notes from the Netscape 2.0 browser.
It's got "all you need to know".

tony

1. Netscape 3.01 and proxy server autoconfig file

Hello,

We have just set up Netscape proxy server 2.5 for Internet access, and

cannot get Navigator 3.01 to work with the proxy.pac autoconfig file.

The error message is:

"The proxy automatic configuration file is not of the correct MIME type:

        http://jerry.bandw.co.uk:8080/proxy.pac

Expected the MIME type of application/x-ns-proxy-autoconfig.

No proxies will be used"

I have checked the Helpers tab in the General Preferences Option, and
this MIME type is defined.

Any help on this will be very gratefully recieved.

Thanks in advance,

Richard Cleeve
Bacon & Woodrow

2. Ping responds with no interfaces up?!

3. Netscape 2.01 proxy autoconfig & Apache 1.2b[67]

4. Reg. ESS soundcard on Redhat linux 4.0 (kernel 2.0.30)

5. Netscape Proxy 2.0 and reverse proxy

6. WInmodem->winenulator=solution?

7. cache problem on Netscape Proxy Server 2.0

8. Problems with RH6.1 after mem upgrade beyond 512Mb

9. Reverse proxying with Netscape Proxy Server 2.0

10. Netscape Proxy server 2.0 keeps checking

11. Netscape Proxy Server 2.0 help

12. Access Control w/ Netscape Proxy Server 2.0

13. Netscape proxy server 2.0 FTP "PUT"