Webtrends Enterprise Reporting Server

Post by Ken » Thu, 25 Jan 2001 02:57:23

Anyone running the Webtrends Enterprise Reporting Server here,
especially under Linux?  I would like to get some comments on memory
handling and such.  I have it running under Debian and they will only
support Red Hat, so they blame the memory issues I see on a non-Red
Hat Linux distribution.

Thanks.

-Ken

1. WebTrends Enterprise Suite vs. WebTrends Enterprise Reporting Server?

At work, I currently use WebTrends Enterprise Suite (3.5, I think)
on a Windows NT box for web log analysis and reporting.  It produces
pretty pictures and charts that executive sorts like, and does a
pretty good job of it.

Unfortunately, it also manages to crash randomly, as does the NT box
as a whole.  Having better things to do with my time than babysit the
two of them, re-run missed reports, and such, I've been considering
trying to move off the NT box onto a Solaris or Linux box.

I've noticed that WebTrends Enterprise Reporting Server is available
for Solaris and Linux, and costs the same as Enterprise Suite.  But
on WebTrends' web site, I have been unable to find a head-to-head
comparison of the two products.  Enterprise Suite's brochure says it's
the "most comprehensive" or some such, while Enterprise Reporting
Server's says it's the "most powerful."

I don't care about the marketing fluff; I want a comparison of specs,
features and such. :)  So I'll be pestering WebTrends to see if they
can cough one up.

In the meantime, I'm curious as to whether anyone out there in Usenet
land has actually used both of these products, or moved from one to
the other (either way).  If you have, I'd be interested in hearing
your thoughts, opinions and experiences.

I'm sending followups to c.i.w.s.unix, since I'm hoping to wind up on
the UNIX side of things.

-Dan

--
Dan Birchall - Palolo Valley - Hawaii - http://dan.scream.org/
Spam is for musubi, not e-mail.  Pass Hawaii Senate Bill 2352!

2. AIX / TELNET PROBLEM

3. Problem with Webtrends for UNIX based ns-enterprise

4. Speedy Disk I/O

5. WTS: Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10 and Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9

6. logging out of system ??

7. Webtrends reporting issues

8. system id

9. Netscape Enterprise Server 2.0- need to run "last login" report

10. Java Report Engine for Seagate Crystal Reports (Server Runtime)

11. WebTrends is available for Beta and will work on your Unix Server....

12. Netscape Enterprise Server - Server Side Includes

13. Netscape Enterprise Server 3.6 + Software Virtual Server