POST errors with AOL clients

Post by Rick LeMa » Sat, 21 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Some AOL accesses to our web site, http://www.hampton-inn.com/ are getting

        ERROR 500: This server is not configured to handle POST

when accessing generated pages for our reservation system interface.  The
confusing thing is that other AOL users have no problem at all.

We've had -vv on for several days and analysis has shown the only common
denominator is:

        Client sez.. POST /embassydocs/tmp/bky14278.html HTTP/1.0

VS.

        Client sez.. GET /embassydocs/tmp/bky14278.html HTTP/1.0

The POST fails and GET succeeds.  Has anyone else experienced this?
We're running CERN 3.0 configured for both GET and POST with multi-homing.

1. OT: AOL want take RedHat? --- Washington Post

Sorry,

for OT but what's up?

Thanks,
        Dieter
--
Dieter Ntzel
Graduate Student, Computer Science

University of Hamburg

-

2. Can NIDS detect R2L -Remote to local - attack??

3. AOL client for linux

4. RAIP (!) - SMP, SCSI sharing etc.

5. gif probs on aol clients

6. how to set up Linux with DSL router

7. running aol IM on Linux, java client

8. Help for an inexperienced newbie on "pppd"

9. Don't Laugh: Need AOL ppp dialup client

10. AOL client fails with virtual domain HTTP servers?

11. AOL instant messanger client under X (not Java)

12. AOL Client

13. Error on posting news, but article gets posted...