proxy + HTTP/1.1

Post by db » Sat, 24 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I need an authenticating proxy that allows the proxied server to also
authenticate users.  As far as I can tell, this is supported in HTTP 1.1
with the Proxy-Authenticate header (and the 407 Proxy Authentication
Required error), but the apache proxy only supports HTTP 1.0.

Does support for this feature exist anywhere?  I've looked at squid but
it doesn't handle incoming SSL responses (also a requirement).

--
David Terrell            | "Instead of plodding through the equivalent of
Prime Minister, NebCorp  | literary Xanax, the pregeeks go for sci-fi and

http://wwn.nebcorp.com   | http://www.monkeybagel.com/ "Origins of Sysadmins"

1. apache http proxy - http/1.0 vs http/1.1

Hello,

I have setup an apache proxy, which seems to work fine. But, I found
out that it doesn't not answer back http/1.1 with a http/1.1 response.
The request comes in as 1.1, but the proxy answer back with 1.0. Is
there some special configuration I need to set in httpd.conf for it
to answer with a 1.1 response?

When I send traffic to the backend machine it will answer with a 1.1
response just fine. We are using the same version of apache for both
the proxy and actual backend server.

Any hints as to what I'm missing? Thanks.

-Dan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. UNIX ports availability

3. Apache Proxy question: HTTP/1.1 -> HTTP/1.0

4. Here's A Truly UNIQUE Filesystem Problem !!!

5. apache proxy module support HTTP 1.1??

6. which one is the .profile for /root

7. apache proxy server and http/1.1

8. configuring CUPS print server

9. apache proxy and http/1.1

10. Does apache 1.3.19 support HTTP/1.1 if configured as reverse proxy

11. Apache reverse proxy does not communicate with web apps using HTTP 1.1 keepalive

12. Proxy module with HTTP/1.1 for Apache?

13. Schedule for HTTP/1.1 support in Apache Proxy module?