The mailto command

Post by Richard Lark » Thu, 11 May 1995 04:00:00

Hi ho,
        I have heard about the "mailto" command. Can someone please explain
how I use it within my documents and if it is supported by all browsers?

THANKS again

Richard Larkin

The mailto command

Post by David W. Bak » Thu, 11 May 1995 04:00:00

>         I have heard about the "mailto" command. Can someone please explain
> how I use it within my documents and if it is supported by all browsers?

   Mailto is a URL scheme, identifying an Internet email address as a
resource. The URL is of the format

mailto:<RFC822 address spec>

   To incorporate this in an HTML page, you would probably use an anchor:

   Not all browsers support the mailto scheme, but I believe that most
people use a browser that does.
   Good luck.

--dwb--

The mailto command

Post by Gilbert Healt » Fri, 12 May 1995 04:00:00

: Hi ho,
:       I have heard about the "mailto" command. Can someone please explain
: how I use it within my documents and if it is supported by all browsers?

: THANKS again

   Send E-mail to:

I have found most browsers support this. HOWEVER, notations like

works on some browers, but fails on many others.
--
----- Computer Consulting / Web Pages -----    http://www.nmia.com/~ghealton
These opinions are my own. Life is learning and I may retract, modify,

1. Pb with the mailto command

Hi,

I'm using the mailto command to send a mail with attachments. The problem is
that, on the client side, with Netscape Messenger or Microsoft Outlook, the
attachments loose their original file names. So, by double-clicking on them, the
client mailer doesn't know how to read it.

Any idea ?

Thanks for your help.

Eric SAVIDAN.

PS : OS level is AIX 4.3.2.0

2. kernel oops during kfree_skbmem

3. Questions apache1.3: logs and mailto

4. Distinction between linux.* and comp.os.linux.*

5. mailto

6. rsh problem after y2k patches

7. netscape 4.5 glibc and mailto crash!

8. scglib, solaris 7 and 8....