instructions for jakarta-tomcat ssl installation

instructions for jakarta-tomcat ssl installation

Post by lj » Tue, 18 Sep 2001 02:30:45

Does anybody have step by step instructions for getting tomcat working with
mod_ssl and apache?  I went to www.apache.org but I could not really
determine the exact steps I need to follow.

mod_ssl_2.8.3-1.3.19
apache_1.3.19
openssl-0.9.6b
jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3

Thanks,
Leo

Post by ricky.rica.. » Wed, 19 Sep 2001 02:35:08

: Does anybody have step by step instructions for getting tomcat working with
: mod_ssl and apache?  I went to www.apache.org but I could not really
: determine the exact steps I need to follow.

: mod_ssl_2.8.3-1.3.19
: apache_1.3.19
: openssl-0.9.6b
: jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3

: Thanks,
: Leo

Try http://www.ccl.net/cca/software/UNIX/apache/
it is a fairly complete step-by-step description
of how to compile and install Apache/SSL/Tomcat/...
on Linux and other UNIX's.

"Mon aeroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"
John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services

1. ANN: Jakarta Tomcat 4 now in www/jakarta-tomcat

Hi all,

After a *long* time and a lot of requests, Jakarta Tomcat 4 is now finally in
the Ports Collection. It has taken the place of Tomcat 3 in
www/jakarta-tomcat.

If you have already installed Tomcat 3, you can upgrade to Tomcat 4
using portupgrade. You should have portupgrade
(/usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade) installed, after which you can execute:

        # portupgrade jakarta-tomcat

If you have not yet installed Tomcat 3, then you can install Tomcat 4 as
follows:

        # cd /usr/ports/www/jakarta-tomcat
        # make install

For those who prefer Tomcat 3, it is from now on available as the port
www/jakarta-tomcat3. You cannot use portupgrade to upgrade from an old
version of the Tomcat 3 port to a newer version. To do this you should
deinstall your Tomcat 3 port and then install the jakarta-tomcat3 port. For
instance:

        # pkg_info | grep tomcat
        jakarta-tomcat-3.3_2 A 100% Pure Java web server with built-in...
        # pkg_delete jakarta-tomcat-3.3_2
        # cd /usr/ports/www/jakarta-tomcat3
        # make install

For any additional questions, please send an email to the FreeBSD Java

Kind regards,

Ernst

2. Intranet for University

3. Logs in Jakarta-Tomcat ??

4. My Linux can;t boot up after compiling

5. Port updated: www/jakarta-tomcat

6. Mandrake 9.0 to 9.1

7. Jakarta-Tomcat 4.1.18 + FreeBSD + linux-sun-jdk14 won't start ...

8. Problem with Intel DSVD modem

9. Jakarta-Tomcat in FreeBSD 4.2

10. Tired of manually deleting jakarta-tomcat port...

11. jakarta-tomcat logging like access_log file of apache

12. Port www/jakarta-tomcat refactored

13. Q: apache jakarta-tomcat (mod_jk module)