two environments for Apache on one box.

Post by Andrew G. Bacch » Wed, 27 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I have a development server running multiple instances of httpd using
different config files in different directories, without problems.  My
question is can I build a second environment on the same system to run
another http daemon with a different build structure?  One daemon will
be running from /usr/sbin, the second will be running from
/home/testenvir.  Is this possible?  The reason for the two environments
is one is using FastCGI and PHP one is not.

So far my second environment is not starting.

Thanks

two environments for Apache on one box.

Post by Andrew G. Bacch » Wed, 27 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I have a development server running multiple instances of httpd using
different config files in different directories, without problems.  My
question is can I build a second environment on the same system to run
another http daemon with a different build structure?  One daemon will
be running from /usr/sbin, the second will be running from
/home/testenvir.  Is this possible?  The reason for the two environments
is one is using FastCGI and PHP one is not.

So far my second environment is not starting.

Thanks

two environments for Apache on one box.

Post by Richard Homolk » Wed, 27 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> So far my second environment is not starting.

They need to be on different listening ports, other than that, it all
should work OK.

Richard Homolka        Zedo inc.                       (415) 348-1975

1. Tough one: two accts & domains, one box

Hi!  Thanks for reading this.  I have a tough one here and need any and
all help I can get.  I am setting up a server for an ISP and am
required to support two (or more) domains on the same box, and allow
the same login name to be used in each domain without conflict.  Can
this be done?  Would anyone out there be kind enough to point me to a
document about it, or offer some suggestions?

I am running Redhat Linux 5.2.  I have the web server and IP aliasing
working for the two domains, but need some guidance on how to map the
passwd file.

Thanks,

Dave Peterson

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. timeout for an ip-address

3. two dsl connections, two routers, dual nics on linux box , want to run two websites

4. LILO doesn't boot Win98

5. two routers (two wans) connecting to one lan using two nics.

6. Khoros 1.0.5 patch kit with support for DLLs (at last)

7. Configuring two SMC Ultra's in one Linux box

8. Wordprocessing under Linux?

9. HELP: two video cards in one box

10. two scsi controllers in one box

11. two IP's on one box

12. Two "workplaces" on one box ?

13. Two NE2000 compatible cards on one linux box: help needed