Error Log for Apache...

Post by Kevin P. Ne » Fri, 31 Oct 1997 04:00:00

>I have two questions ....
>1) Is there anywhere that tells me what the errors in the Error Log
>files mean?

Like a web page? Not all in one place.

The only really good place is to check the source code.

Quote:>2) Currently 25% of errors in the log are "lingering close lost
>connection to client" ... what are these? and how do I reduce them?

Off the top of my head I don't think these are harmful, but I'm not
really sure.
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.     -   House of Retrocomputing

XCOMM "Good grief, I've just noticed I've typed in a rant. Sorry chaps!"

Error Log for Apache...

Post by Brian Tieman » Sat, 01 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> 2) Currently 25% of errors in the log are "lingering close lost
> connection to client" ... what are these? and how do I reduce them?

        I believe those are cases where the client browser has left your server
in the FIN_WAIT_2 condition after it disconnects; the server logs
timeouts from that condition as "lingering close lost connection". All
this means is that the socket has been closed like it should have been
earlier, and the client doesn't see anything out of the ordinary. There
isn't any performance problem that needs fixing.

        'Course, I could be completely wrong. :) But that's what seems logical
to me, given my experience and the information available.

Brian

1. problems with error log and apache 2

Hi to all!

We use the apache 2 (2.0.46) with solaris 9.

We use perl for our cgi programs.

If i activate the debugging in my perl script
( print STDERR "...") which prints every line of
the result i have a strange behaviour.

The cgi-scipt didn't come back or the server canceled the
action after a few minutes for bigger results.
For smaller results e.g. amount of lines < 500 it works.

If i deactivate the debugging it works.

Any hints or suggestions.

Thanks!

2. How to Kill a block thread

3. Custom Error Logs on Apache

4. Partitioning a Second Hard Drive with FBSD...

5. How to Capture a Window to a File

6. Error logs in Apache

7. An addition to the "Failed CGI" and "Error Log for Apache" threads

8. Apache 1.3.12 access.log logging error

9. Strange error messages in Apache error log

10. strange sh errors in Apache error log

11. Apache 1.2.3: fopen: Error 0: could not open error log file