automatic reply on incoming mail: HOW???

automatic reply on incoming mail: HOW???

Post by Tom Boeke » Sat, 04 May 1996 04:00:00

I would like to send a confirmation when someone sends a email, notifying
him/her that the message has been received.

How can I do this?

Tom

Post by Paul COURBI » Sat, 04 May 1996 04:00:00

> I would like to send a confirmation when someone sends a email, notifying
> him/her that the message has been received.

> How can I do this?

Use a .forward (man 5 forward)

example of ~js/.forward :
\js, "|/usr/ucb/vacation js"

===> send incoming mail both to js's mailbox and to the vacation
filter...

                Enjoy

1. automatic mail reply

I just sent mail to someone and got a (generic) reply immediately.
When I did a finger on the person, I noticed they hadn't logged on
since yesterday.

She is on vacation (so I can't ask her how she did it).

Does anyone know how to set up an account to automatically send a reply
without having to log on?

John L Bergquist

      ->bard   ->c164-2ag
ucbvax->zooey  ->c162-ba
      ->franny ->c8-rd
      ->seymour->c9d-af

2. postscript font troubles...

3. automatic mail reply...

4. Disk mirroring/shadowing/striping

5. Automatic mail reply setup

6. SUID will not work.

7. Automatic mail reply depending on subject line.

8. Seagate SCSI HD

9. Automatic Mail Reply (how do I)

10. set mail from address and mail reply adress in Unix command line

11. Auto replies on incoming emails

12. Mail problem for incoming mail

13. Mail relay program that TRASHES ALL INCOMING MAIL?