Apache http secure problem

Post by Juerg » Fri, 13 Dec 2002 22:14:10

please help .....

a hacker has on our webserver created virtuell links, and combined
them with other sites. I can only see this on the access_log /
error_log files. After some time the server goes down, case in to much
traffic.
nows anyone how to stop the attack, and to solve this problem

thanks

Juergen

Apache http secure problem

Post by Klaus Johannes Rusc » Fri, 13 Dec 2002 22:24:35

> a hacker has on our webserver created virtuell links, and combined
> them with other sites. I can only see this on the access_log /
> error_log files. After some time the server goes down, case in to much
> traffic.
> nows anyone how to stop the attack, and to solve this problem

From your description it is difficult to assess the exact problem, am I
right in assuming that you are seeing CONNECT requests in your access log?
If so and you are running Apache you probably have mod_proxy enabled and
allow proxying to other servers, disabling mod_proxy or restricting proxy
access to those subnets which need to have access should fix the problem.

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch

http://www.atmedia.net/KlausRusch/

1. apache http proxy - http/1.0 vs http/1.1

Hello,

I have setup an apache proxy, which seems to work fine. But, I found
out that it doesn't not answer back http/1.1 with a http/1.1 response.
The request comes in as 1.1, but the proxy answer back with 1.0. Is
there some special configuration I need to set in httpd.conf for it
to answer with a 1.1 response?

When I send traffic to the backend machine it will answer with a 1.1
response just fine. We are using the same version of apache for both
the proxy and actual backend server.

Any hints as to what I'm missing? Thanks.

-Dan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Netscape and a SOCKS proxy

3. Apache problem: Can see http://localhost/ but not http://ipaddress/

4. URGENT!! 'man -t' gives "no entry for ..."-- Please help!

5. secure http with apache

7. Problems connecting to secure http servers

8. Changing node names ?

9. Apache-SSL for both HTTP and HTTPS?

10. HTTP redirecting to HTTPS directly in apache 2

11. http:// and https:// for servlets compiled in apache

12. Running apache as http://hostname and http://ip-address

13. Apache redirect rule from http to https