Apache proxy server: how can administrator set all browsers to default to proxy?

Apache proxy server: how can administrator set all browsers to default to proxy?

Post by Sandra Dyk » Thu, 30 Apr 1998 04:00:00

We are setting up an Apache proxy server for our LAN.  Most computers on our LAN run Solarius
and use Netscape's browser.  Is there an way for the systems administrator to change the Netscape
preference for all users so they will by default access the proxy server?  (we know how to set the automatic
proxy preference for a single user through the browser, but we obviously don't want to do this
for all our users!)

Thanks,
Sandy*s
Division of CS, Univ. of Texas at San Antonio

1. Apache Proxy: Virtual Proxy Server (??)

Hello out there!

Is it possible to use a virtual proxy server in apache?

e.g.:
 <VirtualHost proxy.rexroth.de>

 ServerName   proxy.rexroth.de
 ErrorLog     logs/proxy.rexroth.de-error_log
 TransferLog  logs/proxy.rexroth.de-access_log
 </VirtualHost>

[the network if has some virtual ip's defined, and ProxyRequests are on]

The proxy seems to work, if I'm using the physical ip address for the
proxy (= no virtual server). Other virtual server entries are working
fine.

Tnx for any help

   Rainer

2. Network Bandwidth - Gigabit Vs. 100M

3. Apache with access control vs proxy (Not apache AS proxy)

4. Un-kork?

5. Apache and setting up default proxy port

6. simple DNS problem

7. Using an outside proxy server form behind a proxy server

8. More on XFree86 4.0 and DRI

9. Proxy server to another proxy server

10. Want Linux to USE a proxy server not BE a proxy server

11. ftp client proxy ms proxy firewall http proxy unix

12. Canned Proxy URLs to Filter

13. Apache 1.3b6 Proxy: Remote Proxy Authorization