Hoow to i make a certificate for mod_ssl?

Hoow to i make a certificate for mod_ssl?

Post by cough.. » Fri, 31 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I have apache running with mod_ssl.  I am getting an error in the
error_log saying that apache "should be ssl aware, but has no
certificate configured."

I ran `make certificate` gave it my info, and choose the defualts.  I
then ran `make install`.  Shouldn't that be enough? I see that the .crt
files are still dummy files!

What else am I missing? I just want to get startssl going for personal
use.

TIA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Hoow to i make a certificate for mod_ssl?

Post by Luke Voge » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

If you read the documentation that came with mod_ssl, you would find
under FAQ the howto on making a self signed certificate etc.

It is very clear and easy to follow.

--
Regards
Luke

----

1. Hoow to i make a certificate?

I have apache running with mod_ssl.  I am getting an error in the
error_log saying that apache "should be ssl aware, but has no
certificate configured."

I ran `make certificate` gave it my info, and choose the defualts.  I
then ran `make install`.  Shouldn't that be enough? I see that the .crt
files are still dummy files!

What else am I missing? I just want to get startssl going for personal
use.

TIA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. compiling modules for kernel 2.1.*

3. HELP - openssl/mod_ssl certificate problem

4. output make buildworld

5. mod_ssl adn certificates

6. Getting the nth line of a file

7. mod_ssl / Apache 1.3.1 / Certificate

8. list all files containing so and so inside them

9. How do I enable mod_ssl in Apache 2.0 and where do the server certificates reside

10. Wildcard certificates for Apache/mod_ssl with own CA

11. Apache+mod_ssl+php3 - can't make certificate

12. mod_ssl: Reusing existing certificate

13. SSL Certificates with OpenSSL/mod_ssl...