mod_auth_mysql question

Post by DARk MiN » Mon, 17 Nov 1997 04:00:00

i have installed Mysql modules and it work great, but i want to know
when i access my cgi, can i know what user is loged in???

Marc Olivier

mod_auth_mysql question

Post by Roland Grassma » Thu, 04 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> when i access my cgi, can i know what user is loged in???

does $ENV{'REMOTE_USER'} in perl do what you want?
(use your favorite programming languages way to access environment
variables if perl is not what you like...)

hope this is what you want

rg
--
    Roland Grassmann, ITWM-Trier, Bahnhofstrasse 30-32, 54292 Trier

1. mod_auth_mysql question..

Hi..

I am thinking of using mod_auth_mysql for the protected areas on my web
servers..I know that basic authentication is clear text so I am planning to
use SSL at the same time..

I don't need it for performance reasons I just wanted to use it for ease of
user and group management in a centralised location.. I could use phpmyadmin
to manage the DB seeing as I use that already for the other DB's on the
mySQL server..

so I guess the question is, is there any reason NOT to use it that I am
possibly overlooking?? and if so what are the suggestions for an alternative
authentication system?

Thanks..

2. Help ----> Remote Printing (Win95)

3. 2 questions - mod_auth_mysql, ben-ssl: are they still mantained ?

4. active file

5. Apache 2 and mod_auth_mysql?

6. can't ping b/t machines, no route to host

7. Does mod_auth_mysql work with APXS?

8. Summary/new proposal: comp.os.linux reorganization

9. apache + mysql + mod_auth_mysql problems

10. need Help with Apache/mod_auth_mysql

11. Problem Adding mod_auth_mysql-2.20 to apache-1.3.12-2.1RS.

12. mod_auth_mysql and apxs

13. mod_auth_mysql - Installation Problems - Please Help...