Netscape: specifying multiple groups using auth-group

Netscape: specifying multiple groups using auth-group

Post by Kevin Reddin » Tue, 25 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Netscape Communications Server 1.2 running on a Solaris 2.4
server.

Has anybody had any success authorizing multiple "groups" with
the auth-user parameter in the AuthReq directive?  The
documentation says that the auth-user parameter is used to
authorize a list of groups, but it doesn't give the format for
more than one group.  I tried the same format as auth-user,
"(group1|group2|group3)" but that did not work.  I tried
comma seperated lists, space seperated lists, etc.  Nothing
worked.  Netscape Tech Support is trying to find and answer, but
has come up empty so far.

--
Kevin Redding              Workstation System Support

400 Main St.  MS 161-05    voice: (860) 565-8021
East Hartford, CT 06108    fax:   (860) 565-5016

1. NSAPI: Allowing multiple groups in an auth-group parm in obj.conf

Netscape Enterprise 2.0:

I'm writing a custom function to translate a user's id and password into
a set of groups which will be used to restrict access to directories on
the server via a PathCheck directive on obj.conf. I put the user's grop
in the req->vars block.

Since user's can be members of multiple groups, do I string the groups
together like I would user ids (delimited by |) or do put multiple
auth-group entries in the req->vars block and have multiple PathCheck
directives.

TIA
--

NYSERNet, Inc.                          http://www.nysernet.org
125 Elwood Davis Road                     (v) 315.453.2912 x363

2. telnet & rlogin

3. Ownership of multiple groups, and being in multiple groups

4. Help deleting Unix file

5. cannot set up UMASK or groups so that users from one group cannot access other groups

6. Line Printing to HP Printers

7. grouping a group to a group?

8. Adaptec SCSI Driver / Linux

9. Keeping groups, groups and groups straight

10. GROUPS CONTAINING OTHER GROUPS (/etc/group)

11. group & perms w/ multiple groups

12. /etc/group groups inside of groups?

13. user and group management - how to emulate groups into groups in linux ?