MaxRequestsPerChild doesn't seem to be working?

MaxRequestsPerChild doesn't seem to be working?

Post by Lenny Micel » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I'm running apache v1.2.6 and apache v1.3.4 and it seems neither version
listen to the MaxRequestsPerChild configuration directive.  When I do a
"/status" on the server it shows that I have over 30 requests for some
servers (I have this set to 30 and I know it is set since "/serverinfo"
tells me it is) so I'm wondering why the children aren't being killed
after 30 requests?  I'm running these versions of apache on Solaris
v2.6.

Thanks for the help,

MaxRequestsPerChild doesn't seem to be working?

Post by Marc Slemk » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm running apache v1.2.6 and apache v1.3.4 and it seems neither version
>listen to the MaxRequestsPerChild configuration directive.  When I do a
>"/status" on the server it shows that I have over 30 requests for some
>servers (I have this set to 30 and I know it is set since "/serverinfo"
>tells me it is) so I'm wondering why the children aren't being killed
>after 30 requests?  I'm running these versions of apache on Solaris
>v2.6.

How much over 30?

For keepalive requests, the child won't exit until that connection
closes.

Post by Lenny Micel » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> >I'm running apache v1.2.6 and apache v1.3.4 and it seems neither version
> >listen to the MaxRequestsPerChild configuration directive.  When I do a
> >"/status" on the server it shows that I have over 30 requests for some
> >servers (I have this set to 30 and I know it is set since "/serverinfo"
> >tells me it is) so I'm wondering why the children aren't being killed
> >after 30 requests?  I'm running these versions of apache on Solaris
> >v2.6.

> How much over 30?

I have them all the way upto 68.  I have alot in the 40's, 50's, and 60's.  But, of course, I
have alot under 30 also.  Does this sound like the keepalive's are keeping these children
around?

Thanks,
  Lenny

Post by Marc Slemk » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>> >I'm running apache v1.2.6 and apache v1.3.4 and it seems neither version
>> >listen to the MaxRequestsPerChild configuration directive.  When I do a
>> >"/status" on the server it shows that I have over 30 requests for some
>> >servers (I have this set to 30 and I know it is set since "/serverinfo"
>> >tells me it is) so I'm wondering why the children aren't being killed
>> >after 30 requests?  I'm running these versions of apache on Solaris
>> >v2.6.

>> How much over 30?

>I have them all the way upto 68.  I have alot in the 40's, 50's, and 60's.  But, of course, I
>have alot under 30 also.  Does this sound like the keepalive's are keeping these children
>around?

Exactly what field are you looking at?  Post a few lines of sample
mod_status output.

1. setenvif doesn't seem to work properly - what am I doing wrong ?

Folks,

I run htDig on my home intranet every night, and I want to filter out the
"digger's" searching from my main log. I thought it might be useful to send
it to /dev/null :-)  Here's what I have in my config file:

SetEnvIfNoCase User-agent  \.*htdig\.* htdigger
LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent
CustomLog /var/log/httpd/agent_log agent
CustomLog /dev/null agent env=htdigger

I -think- i'm saying: "if the user agent contains htdig, then set the
environment variable htdigger. define a custom log format called agent
which just holds the user agent. define a custom log called agent_log for
other user agents, except if the digger env var is set, then send it to
/dev/null."

Unfortunately, it still annoyingly puts all of htDig's accesses in the main
log.  I think it might be something to do with my regex.

Any ideas ?

Thanks !

2. Any way to control NFS read cacheing behaviour in 2.4?

3. sed -e s/\'/\&apos\;/g doesn't seem to work

4. Maxlink again from videotron. Disregards

5. slackware-elf-beta's emacs doesn't seem to be working..

6. Is Microsoft losing ground to Linux?

7. qt2.2.1 doesn't seem to work with Nvidia's openGL library

8. Using Iomega Jaz on Sparc w/ Solaris

9. Re. bffcreate -X doesn't work Re: bffcreate -X Doesn't Work

10. Linux on iBook: RTC doesn't seem to work

11. Yelling "FLOCK off" doesn't seem to work.

12. BASH doesn't seem to work properly on Solaris

13. Access.conf Limit doesn't seem to work!