Newbie Question: Apache + PHP3 + Sybase CT-LIB

Newbie Question: Apache + PHP3 + Sybase CT-LIB

Post by Bob Sienkiewic » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Pardon, please, what's probably a dumb question...  I've had some experience
with old SunOS and current HP-UX, now installing a Linux box with the most
current version from RedHat, and the most current versions of Apache and
PHP3.  I want to connect to a SQLServer database currently residing on a
WinNT box (I know, I know...)  PHP's website indicates that this can be done
with the Sybase CT-LIB, and they very conveniently provide these
libraries -- but no documention.  And Sybase provided it unsupported, too...

So...  I can make and install and run Apache, and the same with PHP3, but it
all fails when I try to include the CT-LIB.  Browsing through the web and
dejanews, I've found scatterred references and dead-end trails, but no real
help.  :-(

Has anyone done this, and would you like to share your solution?

Thanks everso,
Bob Sienkiewicz

1. Sybase ct-lib connecting to SqlServer 7.0

I am getting a invalid login error on the SqlServer7.0 console and a
unexepected EOF error on the linux side.  Has anyone successfully connected
to SqlServer7.0 from ct-lib.  This same install connects flawlessly to
SqlServer6.5.

Thanks,
MostToys

2. ARPLOOKUP messages...

3. Sybase CT-Lib port to Linux, help please!

4. 2.5.59-mjb5 (scalability / NUMA patchset)

5. newbie question Apache / PHP3

6. Which network card for laptop?

7. Implementing DB-Lib or CT-Lib for PERL

8. automated FTPING ? ( Question )

9. Implementing DB-Lib or CT-Lib

10. Looking for a good Sybase CT Lib

11. Access to Oracle and Sybase via PHP3