httpd not responding

Post by Mohammad Mal » Sat, 22 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi Everyone,

I have compiled Apache 1.0.5 and I am running it.. Everyone this seems to
be running fine.. I see httpd process owned by root and child processes
own by nobody / nogroup. but I can't connect to the server. I am running
it under Linux. The server is not responding I can't even telnet to port
80. It doesn't respond. but if I kill httpd port 80 would responnd.. I
tried using different ports.. but no difference. I would really appreciate
it if someone can help me on this. Please reply me by emai

Cheers,

M. Malik

1. Why apache(httpd) not responding?

I am writing HTTP client to talk to HTTP Server on the
same machine. (RH 6.1)

I could do connect to httpd properly and sent the HTTP
reuest using send call. The following is the request:
"GET index.html HTTP/1.0/r/n"

Then I do recv but it is hangging. Server is not responding
to this.

Opening netscape I could see server running well.
Is the problem with request? Why server is not responding?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Install Prob w/ CD

3. httpd v1.5 does not respond

4. closet swapspace

5. Apache: httpd starts successfully but does not respond on requests

6. SparcWorks C++ 4.2 Compiler Bug!

7. HTTPD Responds Slow

8. CMI8330 sound

9. Odd Modem Problem (Modem not responding) (Not a WinModem!)

10. Linux server not responding when not connected to internet

11. Installing httpd to /var/httpd or to /usr/local/etc/httpd

12. Modem Port not responding?

13. Internic Does NOT Respond To Router Filtering Queries