1. FrontPage 98 extensions install on Apache 1.3.0 but don't work
Does anyone know if the current FrontPage 98 extensions are supposed to work
on the latest Apache 1.3.0?
(let me preface by saying it's been 10 years since I last saw Unix (SunOS)
and I'm just getting back into it so please pardon any stupidity)
I just installed Apache 1.3.0 on RedHat Linux 5.1. Connected to server,
Then I downloaded & installed the latest FrontPage 98 extensions from
Microsoft's site. Seemed to go OK except for one point when it insisted on
locating srm.conf in /usr/local/apache/conf instead of
/usr/local/apache/etc. But I created a link and then it was OK.
The .txt file created by FP says all is well, installed successfully.
Stopped and restarted the server, still works. But the FP extensions don't.
When I try to open my web thru FrontPage 98(b), I get the following error:
HTTP error 404, can't find /_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc
Now, I have an shtml.exe in my /vti_bin/ directory, but it's a file, not a
directory itself, so no such subdir /_vti_rpc.
I then ran Microsoft's change_server.sh script just to see if that would
help, but it installs an older version of httpd, I guess, which completely
screwed up my server. Won't even load. So now I'm looking at a reinstall.
Any ideas? Should I go back to Apache 1.2.6 or 1.2.5? Can I make FP98 work
ARES Development Group
2. Windoze Emulator for Linux????
3. Apache 1.3.4 and Frontpage 98 extensions?
5. Does *anybody* have FrontPage 98 extensions & SSL working together?
6. Linux c compiler and makros
7. Installing Frontpage 98 Server Extensions
8. Laserjet 4 network setup via hpnpcfg?
9. Apache & FrontPage Server Extensions
12. Frontpage 98 Extensions using SCO Internet FastStart
13. FrontPage 98 Extensions BUGFIX ("Not a valid...")