Apache Domain Problems

Post by Tom Farada » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 03:55:43

Hi,

When I start apache on Linux using apachectl start command i get this
message:

[alert] httpd: Could not determine the servers fully quallified domain name,
using 127.0.0.1

I am only using it for local PHP development and have changed the config to

ServerName localhost.localdomain

Can anyone tell me what this message and how to fix/get rid of it

Thanks
Tom

Apache Domain Problems

Post by Andreas Paasc » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 04:59:55

> Hi,

> When I start apache on Linux using apachectl start command i get this
> message:

> [alert] httpd: Could not determine the servers fully quallified domain
> [name,
> using 127.0.0.1

> I am only using it for local PHP development and have changed the config

> ServerName localhost.localdomain

> Can anyone tell me what this message and how to fix/get rid of it

> Thanks
> Tom

Set your servername to localhost only and you should be fine.

/Andreas

--
Registeret Linux user #292411