Apache 1.2.6 upgraded to 1.3.1 - vhost works!, but with a few errors

Apache 1.2.6 upgraded to 1.3.1 - vhost works!, but with a few errors

Post by Mark Castill » Thu, 17 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I'm running a Named virtual hosting webserver with one IP address.
Everything works fine there, but now my .htaccess files don't work as before
(I previously had an IP address for every webserver and configured for IP
based virtual hosting).  Also, I cannot list directories, I get "Forbidden".
All of the users *.cgi files in their public_html no longer execute anymore.
The server respondes with "Forbidden" as well.

I've check the docs and the website, and it says to put these directives in
srm.conf (which they always were since my 1.2.6 installation and they are in
the default 1.3.1 installation).  Is there anyting else I need to do to get
this to work? Here's my srm.conf entries that used to work:

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

AccessFileName .htaccess

Apache 1.2.6 upgraded to 1.3.1 - vhost works!, but with a few errors

Post by Mark Castill » Tue, 22 Sep 1998 04:00:00

1. apache vhosts error question

Hi all,

I'm running Apache server with name-based virtual hosts.  I followed
the examples and it all works.

However, I'm getting this warning in my error_log

NameVirtualHosts <its IP> has no VirtualHosts

The server seems to work.  The virtual domains work.  So I'm pretty
sure I have the server properly configued.  I suspect I'm defining
something wrong in the DNS but I'm not sure.

Does anybody know precisely what this warning means and what to do to
eliminate it?  I've looked through http_vhosts.c where the warning is
generated so I know what the code doees. Sometimes it's hard to back
track up the stack to know what it really means at a configuration
level through.

     Help appreciated.  I'd really like to get this warning out of my
error_log file.  Thank you.

Assistant Director, Systems    |Web:      http://www.ats.neu.edu/c.johnson
Academic Technology Services   |Voice:    617.373.4580
Northeastern University, 39 RI |FAX:      617.373.8600
360 Huntington Ave.            |Life stinks.  If you're very lucky, sometimes
Boston, MA., U.S.A.  02115     |it stinks a little less.  Me

2. Redirection stdout vers socket

3. Mixing name-based vhosting with mass-vhosting

4. Apache and using 'preferred hostnames'

5. Apache server 403 error after few weeks

6. Newsgroup Daemon

7. Upgrading from 1.2.6 to 1.3.1, vhosts

8. Sleep fixes

9. Help! apache named vhosts and _default_ vhost not working

10. Apache vhost takes over all websites!

11. Apache VHost CGI-BIN Directory

12. apache vhost with cgi-bin

13. Apache webserver with ONE SSL host and multiple other vhosts...