Looking for Perl script to capture/summarize access_log data

Looking for Perl script to capture/summarize access_log data

Post by Terry Watkin » Thu, 11 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I'm looking for a Perl script to capture/summarize access_log data.

Something simple that would build a file, etc. to keep month to date totals (and
year to date, etc) per hits per page and write to HTML for viewing.

Anyone got something like this or close I could modify, etc.

Also some documentation on the access_log (format, etc.) would be nice.

Thank you very much,

Post by Stephen Turne » Thu, 11 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> I'm looking for a Perl script to capture/summarize access_log data.

> Something simple that would build a file, etc. to keep month to date totals (and
> year to date, etc) per hits per page and write to HTML for viewing.

There are several tools like this. I have written one called analog, which I
believe to be the best (authors of others may diagree :-). It's in C not Perl,
but there shouldn't be any compilation problems. You can get it from
  http://www.gamesdomain.com/analog/
or
  http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/analog/

If you get version 1.9beta6, the Readme includes a simple explanation of the
logfile.

--
Stephen R. E. Turner
  Stochastic Networks Group, Statistical Laboratory, University of Cambridge