FTP to Directory

Post by DA ENTWIST » Sat, 07 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi There,
Does anyone know how to allow users to FTP to a specified directory, and
not let them access any directories below this?

I am trying to do this in order to allow people to administer their own
websites via FTP.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David.

1. Guest ftp users are not located in their wu-ftp home directory

Hello to all.
I have a wu-ftp server installed on my Redhat Linux 7.2 system and I
set its configuration to be used by both anonymous and guest users.I
have defined all
my guest users in the "group1" group and then i have defined this
group (group1) as a guestgroup in my "ftpaccess" file.
My "ftpaccess" file is look like the below :

class class1 guest,anonymous  *
noretrieve
loginfails 5
private no
hostname ftp.mycompany.com

show-everytime message yes
message /.login.msg  LOGIN
readme  README* LOGIN
readme  README* CWD=*
passwd-check    none    warn
log commands anonymous,guest,real
log security anonymous,guest,real
log transfers anonymous,guest,real inbound
log transfers anonymous,guest,real outbound
anonymous-root /home/ftp/users/general
guest-root /home/ftp/users
guestgroup group1
passwd /home/ftp/users/etc/passwd
shadow /home/ftp/users/etc/shadow

Each line in my guest password file (/home/ftp/users/etc/passwd) is
look like the below :
emami:x:500:500::/home/ftp/users/./emami/:/bin/bash

I have set a different home directory for each guest user in the
/home/ftp/users directory that is the root directory for guest users.
But when I login by one of my guest account to ftp server,all of the
users and other directories in the /home/ftp/users directory is shown
and the user dosn't located to him or her directory. Of course the
guest user can only go to his own directory and can not go to other
users directories.

Who can tell me how to locate my guest users in their home directory
at the login time ?

Thanks a lot.

2. Sting Comparisons How do i find if one string contains another

3. ftp get directory question

4. Remote Printing and hosts.lpd

5. ftp recursive directory descent

6. Terminal problems-- getting stuck on bottom line of screen

7. FTP root directories

8. bourne shell string matching??

9. Anonymous ftp default directory

10. Logging anonymous ftp and directory descriptions?

11. FTP: Hiding directories

12. ftp a directory?

13. ftp get directory question;corrected