hard disk failed o died...??

Post by Marcos Llore » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

hi,

    i have restarted lilo in single mode and.... it says. (linux redhat
6.0)

        VFS: ....
        Freeing unused kernel memory: 64K freed
        hda: lost interrupt
        hda: lost interrupt

        .......... always the same.

    what is the problem??

    thanks in advance

    marcos

hard disk failed o died...??

Post by Thomas Camero » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Your drive is gone.  You can try to reseat it, but every time I've seen
that, the drive is dead.

Thomas

Quote:> hi,

>     i have restarted lilo in single mode and.... it says. (linux redhat
> 6.0)

>         VFS: ....
>         Freeing unused kernel memory: 64K freed
>         hda: lost interrupt
>         hda: lost interrupt

>         .......... always the same.

>     what is the problem??

>     thanks in advance

>     marcos

1. Hard Disk Failed, tar is failing

I have replaced a failed hard drive in a FreeBSD 3.2R system (it is a
single hard drive system). I did a short install of FreeBSD, then
attempted to restore from tape using the following procedure:

1) restore account info
2) restore group info
3) restore everything else

I used the command:
tar -xvp > tar.results

but many dirs that should have had different ownership were owned by
root:wheel, including the /usr/home hierarchy. What can I do to correct
this problem?

Cordially,

Simplified Technology Company   http://www.SimplifiedTechnology.com
In God I Trust!

2. effects of stripping an executable

3. Replacing Hard Disk - Copying Linux system to new Hard Disk ????

4. quick question

5. Is my hard disk dying?

6. FreeBSD do not recognize HDD (Hot Swap)

7. Hard Disk Dying?! Linux Moved

8. New: some ethernet cards, eg. netgear FA311 does not work if acpi is on with 2.5.62

9. dying hard disk revisited

10. How to lock the bad sectors on the hard disk without reformatting the hard disk !!??

11. Hard disk has died (trashed partition table???)

12. Ultra 5 IDE hard disks - can I use any PC hard disk?

13. can we copy an installed Linux on a hard disk onto another hard disk