1. mail filtering problem using elm filter
I am having some major difficulties in setting up something which I have
previously done easily. I am attempting to archive mail items that I
receive in a html format.
To start with I set up the .forward file to send all the mail through
the filter programme that comes with the elm distribution.
I then set up the filter-rules file to the following:
if [subject contains "test"] then execute "~/mail2html test"
The mail2html script should then be called, archiving the mail in html
The script doesn't seem to run. I can execute the script successfully
from the prompt, and I even achieve the desired results.
Using the filter -s command, I find that the filter is processing the
messages, ie the counter increases as mail passes into the system, but
there is no result.
I have contacted my ISP, but they seem to be oblivious to the world of
UNIX, so I thought to ask you!!
Is there something wrong with the syntax above, or is it possible that
the Sysadmin has prevented the filter from executed scripts. If anyone
has any suggestions please let me know.
2. vmx to unix rlogin
3. Filters for UNIX mail
4. NSAPI and NDBM
5. (OT) IP Filter: Multiple mail servers behind one firewall
6. Fork, pipe and dup question
7. server side mail filtering
8. How to use same variable in different scripts
9. mail filter on pop3 server
10. mail-filtering on kerberos pop servers
11. Using ELM filter and shell script as mail server
12. Mail server and filter recommandation required
13. Mail to Exchange Server from Unix Server