Apache problems...

Post by Ed Kra » Wed, 19 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi!

I'm an old hand of AIX, but am new to Linux.  There a few things I'm attempting
to do, but am not used to.  Such as, I don't know which files to edit that are
control of the httpd.

As well, when I load a complex .html page, I get the folling error.

Method not Implemented.

POST to /blah/cgi-bin/blah.PGM not supported.

I'm assumsing this means I must make POST ENABLED, but I don't konw which file
to put this into.  Any ideas on this subject would be appreciated!

Apache problems...

Post by Steve Fosdic » Sat, 22 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Sounds like you don't have the CGI module installed.  Check the file
called "Configuration" in your source distribution for a line like:

Module cgi_module          mod_cgi.o

If this line is not there then you need to add it.  If it has hash
symbol (#) in front then remove the hash symbol.  If you have to make
either of these changes then you will need to re-compile apache.

Also check that you have actually mapped some URL to this module
with a line like this:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/www/cgi-bin/

in the srm.conf file, or that you have enabled the cgi module
for specific file extensions with a line like:

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

--

Voice: +44 1473 642987         MSMAIL:   BTEA/BTLIP23/FOSDICSJ
Fax:   +44 1473 644607         BOAT:     FOSDICSJ

1. php problem or apache problem?

I've got php and apache running on MAC OSX and have a file path
problem. I can see my php files and the includes but the includes
images are not showing up when I use /filename/image.jpg.

I can see the images from within Dreamweaver so I know the paths are
correct and this has worked on other systems where I used to
work...leads me to think something is not correct on my machine and
setup.

I can see the images if I use a relative url, but thats not what I want
because that will only display on one level and I plan to use the
navigation across mutiple folder depths. Not sure why / will not work
here.

Ideas?

Bear in mind I am a complete newbie when it comes to apache and php and
have already tried some of the tricks php.net suggests.I'm trying this
because its been suggested that apache may need to be configured to
accept the / absolute path and I am clueless.

Katherine

--
www.lucidbydesign.com

2. KERNEL MESSAGE?

3. NIS problems => Apache problems

4. Help autostart does not work?

5. Apache: problem loading libproxy.so

6. -Patition table damage -

7. Apache problems

8. Matrox Millennium G200 & Solaris x86 - 2.6

9. Apache Problems: SSI / URL-Interpretation

10. Apache problems

11. Apache Problems

12. Apache problem, GRAVE

13. Apache problem solved!