apache proxy (reverse) information out there

apache proxy (reverse) information out there

Post by jeff saen » Fri, 19 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Is there any information (user guides, books) on using the apache server
as a reverse proxy?

jeff

1. WWW and PROXY auth when using Apache as authetifying reverse-proxy

Hello all.

I'm using Apache's latest version (1.3.14) and it seems I hit a wall someone
has met before me. Basically the problem is as follows: - I have a reverse
proxy that works just fine thanks to ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse. Let's
call him "rproxy". He "hides" a http server, I'll call "server". - when I ask
for authentication on a resource located on "server" (using either Location
or Directory in the httpd.conf file of "rproxy"), "rproxy" sends a PROXY auth
to the client. I would expect a HTTP auth request... The user authentifies,
the "proxy" validates the credentials against the local database, and then
FORWARDS the auth request to the "server".

Problem is that I want the PROXY to authenticate the user, not the back-end
server. Is there a way to configure the "proxy" system so that the auth
request is not forwarded to the server?

I've tried <Directory>,  <Location (dirname)>, <Location (urlname)> with very
limited success...

Has someone managed to make this work?

Thanks in advance

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Spinner feedback?

3. Apache Reverse Proxy and SSL

4. "usbfs export"

5. Apache Reverse Proxy

6. Send BREAK with chat?

7. Apache as a reverse proxy - problem with redirection

8. RH6.1 FTP Install not working...

9. authenticated reverse-proxy with Apache

10. reverse proxy and url "translation" with apache - help !

11. Apache reverse proxy and authentication

12. apache as reverse proxy: HowTo wanted!

13. Apache and reverse proxy