Apache 1.2b1 and group name.

Post by George H. Gate » Sun, 08 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I am having a strange problem with Apache 1.2b1 on BSDI wersion 2.1.  It
compiles fine, but always gaives me the 'httpd: bad group name nobody' When
I try to run it.  I have the group name set to www in the httpd.conf file.
I have tried running it with -d and -f.  I have also used my old httpd.conf
file from Apache 1.1.1 and the new one I edited.  Apache 1.1.1 continues to
load and run fine.

George H. Gates

Apache 1.2b1 and group name.

Post by Carl Decler » Mon, 09 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> I am having a strange problem with Apache 1.2b1 on BSDI wersion 2.1.
> It compiles fine, but always gaives me the 'httpd: bad group name
> nobody' When I try to run it.  I have the group name set to www in the
> httpd.conf file. I have tried running it with -d and -f.  I have also
> used my old httpd.conf file from Apache 1.1.1 and the new one I
> edited.  Apache 1.1.1 continues to load and run fine.

Edit src/conf.h and find the section for BSDI. Change the DEFAULT_GROUP
from "nobody" into "nogroup". Rebuild.

carl.
--
act silly and kneel before a mournful goth after the death of a bat.

1. change to new gid or new group name all files of given group name or gid

Hello,

I need to reorganize group names and gid in a server.

If possible could you send me the command line or korn shell to change
to a new group id number and new group name for all the files of a given
old group name or old gid in all the file systems.

Off course, new group name and new gid have already being defined in
/etc/group and also user have being updated to new gid in /etc/passwd.

Thank you very much,

Mario Desiderio

2. What about FAX

3. change group name and gid for all files of given old group name or old gid

4. DIGITAL TV

5. apache 1.2b1 + SSL

6. Help with sendmail on Solaris 2.4 Please

7. Apache 1.2b1 httpd.conf problems

8. debian 2.0 and netscape-4.06

9. Apache 1.2b1 FastCGI support

10. Netscape Gold 3.01 and Apache 1.2b1

11. Apache-1.2b1 as a proxy-server for gopher/WAIS ?

12. apache-1.2b1 question

13. Weird behaviour in suexec (apache 1.2b1)