Apache Gurus: Apache virtual server using SSI???

Apache Gurus: Apache virtual server using SSI???

Post by Raul Almqui » Sat, 13 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Posted a while ago about this, and not a single response, so here goes again.

  We have Apache up on a sun box under solaris.

  Currently we do not have SSI set up for ANY servers, be they virtual or
regular, but plan on providing SSI from our main/public server in the
future (after we are satisfied with the results we get from our test
server).

  We NEED to enable SSI for one virtual server but NOT on the other
virtual servers NOR our main server.  This virtual server is a test
server, where we can test things out before making them available on the
main/public server.

  We have tried several times, but the docs are just not clear enough on
how to accomplish this, so this continued posting to get someone who knows
how, to helps us out and tell us how to enable SSI for only the one
virtual apache server.

  So oh apache guru's, what is the answer?!?

  Below is a slightly modified (to protect the ignorant <G>) copy of the
virtual server's config...

<VirtualHost www.test.mydomain.org>

DocumentRoot /www/test/html/
Alias /icons/ /www/icons/
Alias /pub/ /ftp/pub/
Alias /apache/ /usr/local/apache/htdocs/
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /www/test/cgi-bin/
ServerName www.test.mydomain.org
ErrorLog /usr/local/logs/www/errors_test.log
TransferLog /usr/local/logs/www/access_test.log
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .shtml
Options All
#AllowOverride All
<Directory /www/test/html>
AuthType Basic
AuthName Admin
AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache/sec/users
AuthGroupFile /usr/local/apache/sec/groups
<Limit GET POST>
require valid-user
require group cadmin spec
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
require valid-user
require group cadmin spec
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
</Limit>
</Directory>
<Directory /www/test/cgi-bin>
AuthType Basic
AuthName Admin
AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache/sec/users
AuthGroupFile /usr/local/apache/sec/groups
<Limit GET POST>
require valid-user
require group cadmin spec
</Limit>
require valid-user
require group cadmin spec
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
</Limit>
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>
--
BulkMailers and Email address compilers may purchase this
email address for $25000.00 for use in their products.

1. SSI on an Apache virtual server???

I have a regular apache v1.2.6 server and a virtual server.

The regular server currently uses no SSI and has none enabled, nor any
currently desired.

I need to enable SSI for one of my admins to play with, and I need to
provide SSI only on the virtual server.

How to do this?  I have the docs and the ORA Apache book, but I just do
not see any actual 1-2-3 steps to accomplish SSI for only the virtual
server...  maybe I am just not looking in the right places...

Email responses please

--
        Mac file archives, you want Mac archives?

        anonymous ftp in via:   ftp://ftp.ShadowMAC.org/pub
  or set your web browser to:  http://www.ShadowMAC.org
   ShadowMAC's IP address is:  198.174.169.113

  New File Archive Uploading:  http://www.ShadowMAC.org/upload.html

2. Via VT133 Evem Pcchips Main Board, Will it support any Linux Distros?

3. Slow access to virtual servers using Apache 1.0 and vif.c

4. MAKE MONEY FA$T (was Re: Cus chamber for pirates! (Re: Raeking games))

5. Trouble w/CGI Scripts & Virtual Server Using Apache

6. strange kernel log

7. HELP: Apache Virtual hosts & SSI

8. Interrupt driven software

9. Apache: SSI #include virtual doesn't work properly?

10. Q for apache GURUs: Apache Proxy and User Auth.

11. apache 2.x, php, virtual / non virtual websites and running under restricted server id questions

12. Apache, SSI, and virtual domains

13. virtual ssi in apache